Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Mace 7 posts 47 karma points
    Nov 09, 2021 @ 14:28
    Mark Mace

Umbraco v8.17.1 tab options seem to be missing but only in my production environment

Hi Guys,

I have upgraded to Umbraco v8.17.1 and I'm loving the returning/improved tab functionality. The problem is it only seems to be there in my development environment. I have done a full upgrade and publish to my production environment which clearly show it is running on v8.17.1 but in the document types editor, there are no options for tabs and the bar they should be on still looks like it did before on 8.16.

Has anyone experienced this or does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Mark.

• Corné Hoskam 80 posts 587 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Nov 09, 2021 @ 15:13
    Corné Hoskam

Hi Mark,

I've run into this issue with a couple projects in the past few months, where the installation/upgrade didn't properly update the /umbraco folder and is therefor missing some HTML & JS!

The easiest way to resolve this would be to throw the /umbraco folder away, and reinstall the 8.17 update, and you should be all set!

Kind regards,

Corné

Nov 09, 2021 @ 16:11
    Mark Mace

Hey Corné,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

I have tried that now and it has not solved the problem. As I say, the tab options are there in my development environment but just not appearing in my production one. I have even tried copying the Umbraco folder from my development machine to the production server and that still does not work :-(

Mark.

• Corné Hoskam 80 posts 587 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Nov 09, 2021 @ 16:51
    Corné Hoskam

Hi Mark

That's a bummer, as that usually solves it! Is there anything noticeably different in the browser Console and/or Network tab on production, compared to your development machine?

Corné

Nov 09, 2021 @ 17:29
    Mark Mace

Not that I can see. The Umbraco folder is identical on both machines as well which is what is so confusing.

Nov 10, 2021 @ 10:34
    Mark Mace

One thing I should mention is that my production environment in this situation is web hosting so the environment is built locally and published which only further baffles me because it works locally!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft