Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex 8 posts 131 karma points
    Aug 17, 2021 @ 15:54
    Alex

Logout of External Provider on Backoffice Logout

We are implementing backoffice login through the external provider IdentityServer4. Logging in and everything works great. The client would like it so that when the user selects logout of Umbraco, it also logs out of the external login provider.

When I invoke a logout, it doesn't seem to hit the middleware to logout of the external provider as well. Is this a setting somewhere which needs to be configured? I didn't seem to find this mentioned anywhere in the documentation.

We are using IdentityServer4 for front end authentication as well, and I am able to accomplish the logout of the external provider on logout by specifying the middleware name in the sign out list.

Request.GetOwinContext().Authentication.SignOut(DefaultAuthenticationTypes.ApplicationCookie, DefaultAuthenticationTypes.ExternalCookie, FrontEndIdentityServerAuthConstants.AuthenticationType);

Any ideas?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jul 27, 2022 @ 15:54
    Jeroen Breuer

Hi Alex,

I currently have the same issue. Did you ever got it fixed?

Jeroen

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Sep 01, 2022 @ 09:49
    Jeroen Breuer

Hi Alex,

I've released a package which demonstrates how you can logout of Umbraco and the external login provider: https://www.jeroenbreuer.nl/blog/released-umbraco-openid-connect-example-package/

I've made a video in which I explain what you need to do for logout. It's best to watch the complete video, but from 6:11 it's about logout: https://youtu.be/cklH7DtRDIQ?t=371

Jeroen

• nmy 2 posts 71 karma points
    Oct 20, 2023 @ 09:35
    nmy

Hi Jeroen,

I have watched your video and tested your sample application. It works well for OpenIdConnect. Do you have any idea how the logout works for Google ? I successfully added Google sign in for Umbraco members but struggling with sign out. Because it only logs out from Umbraco and doesn't ask for password when member tries to log in again. Please help.

Thank you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft