Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stuart Paterson 57 posts 228 karma points
    Aug 03, 2021 @ 08:44
    Stuart Paterson

Umbraco Forms v8.7.6 - WebViewPage Error

So I've installed this version of Umbraco Forms through the 'Forms' tab in my new Umbraco 8.13.0 instance. No errors reported during install and I've gone and created my first form.

I've added an RTE property to my doc type where I can insert the macro but I get this error.

enter image description here

I've looked at a number of posts around errors with Umbraco Forms but there's a couple which hint that this error was resolved in previous releases.

When I load the page which includes my for, I get this error

"The type or namespace name 'WebViewPage<>' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

Th error is reported on line 44 of AppWebrender.cshtml

public class _Page_Views_Partials_Forms_Themes_default_Render_cshtml : WebViewPage<Umbraco.Forms.Web.Models.FormViewModel> {

When I check in Form.cshtml I can see the WebViewPage namespace cannot be found -

@inherits WebViewPage<Umbraco.Forms.Web.Models.FormViewModel>

I've followed the install and config steps for Umbraco Forms and double checked them so can't see where I'm going wrong.

Thanks Stuart

• Pfeffer 1 post 71 karma points
    Aug 03, 2021 @ 10:24
    Pfeffer

The problem seems to be when there is no value in Accept Copy field, that the form is unable to render. When adding text to that field the form will work and if you remove the text again, the form will still work. That leads me to think that the key is not generated unless there is some info in that field. Having a default message like this might be a solution.

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1100 karma points
    Aug 03, 2021 @ 13:09
    Brendan Rice

What happens when you replace

WebViewPage

with

UmbracoViewPage

Aug 05, 2021 @ 09:17
    Stuart Paterson

May have found the issue actually, I installed via backoffice as per the Forms guide but looks like I should have installed via Nuget. Just need to decide whether to completely uninstall the package or just install and overwrite via Nuget?

From - https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/103974-reference-umbraco-forms-assemblies

Aug 05, 2021 @ 10:42
    Stuart Paterson

update, installed via Nuget but have the same issue, frustrating.

If anyone has any other ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Stuart

Aug 03, 2021 @ 15:34
    Stuart Paterson

Hi Brendan,

Same thing I'm afraid, type or namespace UmbracoViewPage could not be found.

I'd found a post earlier on today suggesting that and gave it a go, no joy though.

Aug 06, 2021 @ 10:51
    Stuart Paterson

An empty 'views' web.config file was causing my issue...I haven't seen this populated with namespaces on other projects but including the relevant name spaces resolved this for me, just in case anybody else experiences this.

As always, thanks to those who pitched in with suggestions.

Stuart

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft