Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Valentin Valeanu 29 posts 152 karma points
    Jun 24, 2020 @ 06:57
    Valentin Valeanu

Error when upgrading from Umbraco 7.15.3 to Umbraco 8.1.1 (unexpected data in grid values occurred)

Hi Umbraco,

Today I tried upgrading from version 7.15.3 to version 8.1.1, and in doing this I was following this article. Unfortunately I have stumbled upon this error message:

error 1

I went to /App_Data/Logs/ and this is how the last lines of the log file look like. It seems that it's something related to ConvertTinyMceAndGridMediaUrlsToLocalLink but I am not able to figure out what can be wrong.

Can somebody help me, I would really appreciate.

{"@t":"2020-06-24T06:33:07.5285865Z","@mt":"Execute {MigrationType}","MigrationType":"ConvertTinyMceAndGridMediaUrlsToLocalLink","SourceContext":"Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationPlan","ProcessId":39148,"ProcessName":"iisexpress","ThreadId":17,"AppDomainId":10,"AppDomainAppId":"LMW3SVC2ROOT","MachineName":"PC13","Log4NetLevel":"INFO ","HttpRequestNumber":7,"HttpRequestId":"59a7fbed-318e-4eac-b994-843dc8fd397d"} {"@t":"2020-06-24T06:33:22.9894970Z","@mt":"Database configuration failed","@l":"Error","@x":"System.AggregateException: One or more errors related to unexpected data in grid values occurred. --- System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot deserialize the value as json. This can be because the property editor type is changed from another type into a grid. Old versions of the value in this property can have the structure from the old property editor type. This needs to be changed manually before updating the database.\nProperty info: Id = 4, LanguageId = , VersionId = 2, Value = Navigation --- Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Error parsing NaN value. Path '', line 1, position 2.\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseNumberNaN(ReadType readType, Boolean matched)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadForType(JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Upgrade.V810.ConvertTinyMceAndGridMediaUrlsToLocalLink.Migrate()\r\n --- End of inner exception stack trace ---\r\n --- End of inner exception stack trace ---\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Upgrade.V810.ConvertTinyMceAndGridMediaUrlsToLocalLink.Migrate()\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationBase.Umbraco.Core.Migrations.IMigration.Migrate()\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.MigrationPlan.Execute(IScope scope, String fromState, IMigrationBuilder migrationBuilder, ILogger logger)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Upgrade.Upgrader.Execute(IScopeProvider scopeProvider, IMigrationBuilder migrationBuilder, IKeyValueService keyValueService, ILogger logger)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Install.DatabaseBuilder.UpgradeSchemaAndData(MigrationPlan plan)\r\n--- (Inner Exception #0) System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot deserialize the value as json. This can be because the property editor type is changed from another type into a grid. Old versions of the value in this property can have the structure from the old property editor type. This needs to be changed manually before updating the database.\nProperty info: Id = 4, LanguageId = , VersionId = 2, Value = Navigation --- Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Error parsing NaN value. Path '', line 1, position 2.\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseNumberNaN(ReadType readType, Boolean matched)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadForType(JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Upgrade.V810.ConvertTinyMceAndGridMediaUrlsToLocalLink.Migrate()\r\n --- End of inner exception stack trace ---<---\r\n\r\n--- (Inner Exception #1) System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot deserialize the value as json. This can be because the property editor type is changed from another type into a grid. Old versions of the value in this property can have the structure from the old property editor type. This needs to be changed manually before updating the database.\nProperty info: Id = 6, LanguageId = , VersionId = 3, Value = Navigation --- Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Error parsing NaN value. Path '', line 1, position 2.\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseNumberNaN(ReadType readType, Boolean matched)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadForType(JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Upgrade.V810.ConvertTinyMceAndGridMediaUrlsToLocalLink.Migrate()\r\n --- End of inner exception stack trace ---<---\r\n\r\n--- (Inner Exception #2) System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot deserialize the value as json. This can be because the property editor type is changed from another type into a grid. Old versions of the value in this property can have the structure from the old property editor type. This needs to be changed manually before updating the database.\nProperty info: Id = 17, LanguageId = , VersionId = 9, Value =

810.ConvertTinyMceAndGridMediaUrlsToLocalLink.Migrate()\r\n --- End of inner exception stack trace ---<---\r\n\r\n--- (Inner Exception #3) System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot deserialize the value as json. This can be because the property editor type is changed from another type into a grid. Old versions of the value in this property can have the structure from the old property editor type. This needs to be changed manually before updating the database.\nProperty info: Id = 19, LanguageId = , VersionId = 10, Value =

810.ConvertTinyMceAndGridMediaUrlsToLocalLink.Migrate()\r\n --- End of inner exception stack trace ---<---\r\n\r\n--- (Inner Exception #4) System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot deserialize the value as json. This can be because the property editor type is changed from another type into a grid. Old versions of the value in this property can have the structure from the old property editor type. This needs to be changed manually before updating the database.\nProperty info: Id = 21, LanguageId = , VersionId = 11, Value =

81_0.ConvertTinyMceAndGridMediaUrlsToLocalLink.Migrate()\r\n --- End of inner exception stack trace ---<---\r\n","SourceContext":"Umbraco.Core.Migrations.Install.DatabaseBuilder","ProcessId":39148,"ProcessName":"iisexpress","ThreadId":17,"AppDomainId":10,"AppDomainAppId":"LMW3SVC2ROOT","MachineName":"PC13","Log4NetLevel":"ERROR","HttpRequestNumber":7,"HttpRequestId":"59a7fbed-318e-4eac-b994-843dc8fd397d"}

• Dhanesh Kumar MJ 158 posts 511 karma points c-trib
    Jun 25, 2020 @ 19:51
    Dhanesh Kumar MJ

Hey Valentines,

When migrating from V7 - V8 ,we need to ensure about the data type and the packages used,because some data types are not supported for V8.

Most probably the issue is related with obsolete data type.

• Valentin Valeanu 29 posts 152 karma points
    Jun 26, 2020 @ 06:03
    Valentin Valeanu

Hey there, I don't seem to have any (Obsolete) data types.

I had them in the beginning but I replaced them with newer types. Moreover, some of them I had to delete because they didn't have a new type.

Maybe it's something related to this error ? I found out that it has been solved in 8.1.1 so I am not sure why I am still experiencing it.

• Carlos 13 posts 132 karma points
    Jun 29, 2023 @ 00:29
    Carlos

Hi Valentin, did you overcome this issue? Running into the same thing. Thanks!

• Simon Napper 84 posts 254 karma points
    Jun 30, 2023 @ 14:29
    Simon Napper

Not sure if this will help, but looks like someone had a similar problem a couple of years ago and a patch was applied to version 8.1.4, wondering if you might have more luck using that version than 8.1.1?

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/6060

• Carlos 13 posts 132 karma points
    Jul 03, 2023 @ 15:11
    Carlos

Thanks for the link Simon, yes that link talks about cmsPropertyData containing data not in JSON format. I've deleted those entries and the migration proceeded.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft