Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jan A 59 posts 264 karma points
    Apr 23, 2020 @ 10:12
    Jan A

When I upload images I have a strange behavior. I'm using umbraco 8.5

The image is a portrait, but stored in landscape with exif info

The image data in exif is 5184x3456 and InfranView reports oriantation to be Left Bottom (i think thats right?) Exlorer, infranView and Photoshop all display the image the right way

When I upload the image I get the image correct when opening the node. But when I list it, it is displayed rotated. (Rotated meaning landscape)

The image info in umbraco say that it's 5184 wide.

If I open the image by url, it gets correct. But if I open one of the croped version, it is rotated.

Url to the image is something like this (croped to a square) /media/34zprywo/img_4600.jpg?width=800&height=800&rnd=132306558156570000

I found that if I submit an autorotate=true, it will work. (isn't this what the autorotate settings is for?)

/media/34zprywo/img_4600.jpg?autorotate=true&width=800&height=800&rnd=132306558156570000

I don't know if it is chrome that makes the image appear correct on the original url, or if it's sent as a portrait. On another computer (don't have any info about browser etc at the moment) the image is not shown in portrait mode in the media library.

ImageProcessor is set to preserveExifMetaData = false and AutoRotate enabled=true

How would I like it to be? I would like it to read the information about the oriantation on upload. Rotate the image and store height as 5184 in the original image. Strip all exif (preserved is set to false).

Is there any way I can achieve this? All I found on the topic seems to end in the editor needing to re-save the image in portrait mode.

• Paul Griffiths 370 posts 1021 karma points
    Aug 18, 2020 @ 08:31
    Paul Griffiths

Hello Jan,

Did you manage to work out what was causing this? I feel like I am experiencing something similar.

https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started//103249-image-processor-rotating-images-and-leaving-black-bars

Thanks Paul

• Jan A 59 posts 264 karma points
    Aug 20, 2020 @ 08:45
    Jan A

Hi

I'm trying to remember. I'm wondering if I maybe one of these did it

Changed the setting under config/imageprocessor/processing.config to add rotate = true

<plugin name="Rotate" type="ImageProcessor.Web.Processors.Rotate, ImageProcessor.Web" enabled="true" />

AND/OR

installed the ImageFilter plugin (https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/image-filter/) and enabled the user to rotate the image in backoffice. (They saw the error themselfs on thumbnail previews)

If the later then you will have to resave all images in backend. Not so fun if it is a lot of images :(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft