Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andy 13 posts 54 karma points
    Apr 03, 2020 @ 12:22
    Andy

models builder tab missing from developer section!

Hi there,

I was following this guide https://24days.in/umbraco-cms/2016/getting-started-with-modelsbuilder/

and now my modelsbuilder tab in the developer area is completely missing! The only thing I changed in my web config was:

<add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Enable" value="true" />
    <add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.ModelsMode" value="Dll" />
    <!--<add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.EnableApi" value="True"/>-->

modelsbuilder tab is missing!

it should be between published status and health check

Can't seem to find anything online about this, can someone help me out?

thanks!

• Tim Miller 32 posts 252 karma points
    Apr 03, 2020 @ 17:29
    Tim Miller

That tab is gone in v8. Go to a doctype and if you have model updates you will get a Save button with an additional "Save and generate models" option.

• Austin Taylor 5 posts 76 karma points
    Apr 06, 2021 @ 01:22
    Austin Taylor

Have you found an answer to this? I was also following that tutorial and have the same issue. I do not see a "Save and generate models" as Tim suggests.

• Nevin George 12 posts 82 karma points
    Apr 07, 2021 @ 04:40
    Nevin George

Hi Austin,

You can generate the model in doctype settings!

enter image description here

You can generate models without custom tool

<add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Enable" value="true"/><add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.ModelsNamespace" value="MyClassLibrary.Models"/><add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.ModelsMode" value="AppData"/><add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.ModelsDirectory" value="~/../MyClassLibrary/Models"/><add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.AcceptUnsafeModelsDirectory" value="true"/><add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.EnableApi" value="true"/>

Jun 11, 2021 @ 13:57
    Austin Taylor

I didn't realize you could save and generate models there. Thanks Nevin!

• Rosa 17 posts 121 karma points
    Jun 11, 2021 @ 10:49
    Rosa

I couldn't see the tab or the button 'Save and generate models' either until I ran the solution without debugging - hope that helps!

Jun 11, 2021 @ 13:59
    Austin Taylor

Thank you for your reply Rosa. Nevin was able to help me with my question. I always choose to run my solution without debugging.

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Aug 20, 2021 @ 15:36
    Lee Kelleher

For Umbraco v8, the Models Builder tab/dashboard got moved to the Settings section. Majority of the dashboards/trees in the v7 Developer section got moved with Setting section.

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Nov 21, 2022 @ 19:50
    Mark Bowser

I ran into this problem where the Models Builder dashboard was missing and found the following entry in my logs

ModelsBuilder.Embedded is disabled, the external ModelsBuilder was detected.

When I looked in my /bin, I found the following dll:

• /bin/Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.dll

This was an old dll to the v7 ModelsBuilder and will trigger the core ModelsBuilder in v8 to be disabled. In v8, that nuget package will get you the full version of Models Builder. In my case, we didn't need the full version any longer and just needed to delete that dll and any references from our project. Some projects may need the full version. See this documentation: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/reference/templating/modelsbuilder/install-models-builder

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft