Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• paco 25 posts 155 karma points
    Mar 17, 2020 @ 18:30
    paco

[SOLVED] - Content nodes not visible in Front end but visible in backend (preview mode)

Hello, i have a problem with an Umbraco 7.5.7 site.

I copied and installed DB and website from a production environment to a staging one. But there are some contents that give me an error 404 in frontend.

The strange thing is that when I make a preview (in Umbraco Backend) of the same contents, I am able to see them. These nodes are children of a root node (named Blog) that is rooted under Home Node in my Umbraco Backend. I tried to republish this "Blog" node and its children, but i have not solved the problem.

How can I solve this issue?

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Mar 18, 2020 @ 03:13
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi Paco,

It seems you have copied the site to staging but have not given enough permissions to AppData folder. AppData folder needs read/write permission.

I would suggest to add read/write permissions to media, views, scripts, css.

Hope this answers your query.

Stay Safe!

Cheers,

Shaishav

• paco 25 posts 155 karma points
    Mar 18, 2020 @ 09:17
    paco

Hi Shaishav,

first of all, thanks for your suggestion. I've seen the App_Data permissions and I have set them to Read/Write, as you correctly suggest.

The problem was a domain conflict on this subnode, that I solved this morning with the help of my system admin :)

Now It works and blog posts are visible

Cheers, Paco

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft