Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeff Lewis 14 posts 84 karma points
    Jan 09, 2020 @ 20:33
    Jeff Lewis

Migrate 7 to 8 - Custom Trees

Hello,

I am migrating our U7 site to U8, and have run into a problem re-implementing our custom sections and trees.

In U7, we used a config file to define the tree links for each section. When you clicked on a tree item (we only had root tree items), it hit always hit the same controller action with a contrived ID field. Based on the ID, links (mini-apps) were rendered from another config via a strongly-typed view, and the view built the dashboard given the mini-apps for the ID (tree) selected.

In this way, we always replaced the right side view of the backoffice with the content of our mini-apps, starting with the dashboards (lists of mini-apps), which were dynamically built based on configs. See the attached images, it shows the right side view before we hit the controller action to load the dashboard, as well as the dashboard after clicking the tree link and the lone mini-app for this dashboard.

Because of this architecture, we had only a single dashboard view, a few configs, and trees for each section as necessary.

I am looking to do the same kind of thing with U8, but what I'm seeing for custom trees leads me to believe that you have to have a views folder and a static view for each root node in a tree. The whole idea of the config was to simplify and not create a view for each dashboard, and rather change the mini-apps that applied to a specific dashboard.

Does anyone have any ideas how I might accomplish this?

Thanks.

Prior to tree click

After tree click

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft