Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• john blair 48 posts 219 karma points
    Dec 18, 2019 @ 19:29
    john blair

We were unable to load Disqus when using Articluate Package

I just installed the Articulate package and set my Disqus shortname in the Blog content page. On disqus I set my public domains as trusted domains - not sure if this is needed? Anyway on my test site https://johnblairtest.azurewebsites.net/archive/welcome/ I just get the message "We were unable to load Disqus. If you are a moderator please see our troubleshooting guide." How do I fix this? I took a look on disqus - a really unhelpful site for sorting out issues.

Is there a step by step process for getting disqus to work on Articlulate blogs - including any config on the Disqus side? Its been really frustrating trying to figure this out - I would really appreciate simple step by step instructions. Hopefully someone has managed to get commenting working and can advise. Thanks.

• john blair 48 posts 219 karma points
    Dec 19, 2019 @ 15:01
    john blair

My mistake was I used my personal Disqus, Account, Username as my Shortname in the Articulate configuration - I didn't know you had to set each website up in Disqus.

What I needed to do was login to Disqus.com - Go to Settings, Click "Add Disqus to Site", Click "Get Started", Click "I want to install Disqus on my site", Enter website name e.g. globaltrade.azurewebsites.net, select Category e.g. Business, Select a plan e.g. Basic (free), and click "Subscribe Now". Click "I don't see my platform listed" - and you will see in item 1 javascript the short name to use in Articulate - in my eg it is "globaltrade-azurewebsites-net"

If you go to Disqus, Settings, then click on Settings, Admin, your Sites - select the website you created, Edit Settings, and your Shortname will be listed i.e. globaltrade-azurewebsites-net - copy that into Articulate, Blog, Disqus Shortname - that's it!

I think it would be useful to add this to the Articulate installation documentation to help others or link to this article.

FYI The original problem above was for the website https://johnblairtest.azurewebsites.net/ when I viewed the settings for this website in Disqus I noticed I had setup the shortname as "johnblair" - because I didn't know what I was doing when I was setting this up as my first disqus website!. Once I used the shortname "johnblair" in Articulate, the commenting system started working.

Hope this helps others get Disqus working on their sites.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft