Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chester Campbell 98 posts 209 karma points
    Dec 09, 2019 @ 16:35
    Chester Campbell

Random 404s in Umbraco 7 on Win Server 2012 R2 IIS 8.5

I need help with an odd problem. I have a collection of Umbraco 7 sites (various different versions) that run just fine on my local machine and on their production servers.

But on the staging server they all exhibit the same problem. Both front-end and backoffice requests will experience random 404 errors. Sometimes the 404 is for a physical file that I know exists: css, js files or an image.

But other times it's a request to an API endpoint. And upon refresh different requests will 404. Sometimes, rarely, there are no 404s. But each refresh is a gamble.

I have double-check the Umbraco configurations and the file permissions. On my test site I even went so far as to grant the local "Everyone" account full Modify permissions.

The App Pools are configured with .NET CLR version 4.0.30319 and Integrated pipeline mode.

When I run aspnet_regiis.exe -lv in the command line I get back:

aspnet_regiis.exe -lv
    Microsoft (R) ASP.NET RegIIS version 4.0.30319.0
    Administration utility to install and uninstall ASP.NET on the local machine.
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    2.0.50727.0 C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll
    4.0.30319.0 C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll
    4.0.30319.0 C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll

So it appears the .NET framework is installed and registered properly.

I'm at a loss here. This problem is making the staging sites unusable at this point.

Anyone seen this before or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

• Yakov Lebski 560 posts 2126 karma points
    Dec 13, 2019 @ 15:24
    Yakov Lebski

I see similar issue when security tools installed on server, please check that you have no tool like UrlScan or similar installed. You can see it handler list in IIS

• Chester Campbell 98 posts 209 karma points
    Dec 16, 2019 @ 14:38
    Chester Campbell

Thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately, we do not have anything like URLScan installed on the server.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft