Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• denisedelbando 141 posts 339 karma points
    Jun 20, 2016 @ 21:01
    denisedelbando

Umbraco V7.4.3 gets parent property in content tree

I am using V7.4.3 (was upgraded from Umbraco 7.2.8)

was successful. Now i see a major issue.

Here is my document type hierarchy

I have three document types called Section Landing and Event Landing and Home page all inheriting from a master document that has SEO properties.

Homepage and Section Landing has a property called 'spotlightContent' BUT NOT Event Landing

Section Landing and Event Landing parent page in the content tree is HomePage

Section Landing and Event landing share the same page template. In this template, it embeds spotlightContent. In Version 7.2.8, if the page doesnt have this property, it just ignores it completely.

But in 7.4.3, the Event landing page is getting the spotlightContent from the Homepage instead of ignoring it.

Is there any quick fix to this? Please help. I tested it in 2 different environments, same installation, same issue :(

I run umbraco in incognito mode.

any help is appreciated. thank you.

Jun 21, 2016 @ 14:25
    denisedelbando

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-8617

I tried to replicate it on a fresh install, it doesnt happen.

My site is also in webforms.. and majority of the pages use masterpages

... another update.. I was able to replicate this behaviour in a webforms mvc fresh installation

• Mohammed BOUTEBEL 64 posts 103 karma points
    Jun 21, 2016 @ 15:16
    Mohammed BOUTEBEL

I have noticed this bug too on a website we have upgraded from 4.7 to 7.4. But it was only when we use the backoffice template editor add the item value. I think it is a bug with the parameter "recursive". It behaves like the parameter "recursive" is always true.

Jun 21, 2016 @ 16:04
    denisedelbando

were you able to fix it?

Jun 21, 2016 @ 18:07
    denisedelbando

quick fix:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-8617#comment=67-29768

BUT it isnt ideal. I thought useIfEmpty="" will work but it didnt

• Mohammed BOUTEBEL 64 posts 103 karma points
    Jun 22, 2016 @ 09:09
    Mohammed BOUTEBEL

To fix it, we have done a macro with a parameter named propertyAlias which return the value of the property passed in the current node when the property exists.

Jul 15, 2016 @ 18:39
    denisedelbando

are you using the latest umbraco forms (4.3.2)? I found another issue. Maybe it has nothing to do with our issue but as far as I know it has issues again of our site being in webforms.

the issue is the next button doesnt work in multipage forms. but it works fine in mvc. Are you experiencing this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft