Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott Robinson 54 posts 75 karma points
    Jun 28, 2013 @ 18:42
    Scott Robinson

Courier error on transfering to new instance

Any one know what this means? I was having issues with original site and an using clear passwords and not hashed. Could that have anything to do with it? I set up a user on site(B) with the same credentials.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> No User exists with ID -1 at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebServiceProvider.RepositoryWebservice.CommitRevisionitem(String revision, RevisionItem revisionItem, String username, String password) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.CommitRevision(Revision revision) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Transfer.RevisionTransfer.Transfer() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.TransferTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.manageTask(IRevisionTask value) 6/28/2013 4:39:59 PM

• Scott Robinson 54 posts 75 karma points
    Jul 01, 2013 @ 10:48
    Scott Robinson

Has no-one seen this before? Do you think a new nightly build would cure it? 

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jul 02, 2013 @ 11:26
    Per Ploug

its a missing user, check your courier.config file to see how you connect to the target site, then check on your target site and see if you have a user with the same credentials

/Per

• Shola 65 posts 273 karma points
    Mar 23, 2017 @ 16:38
    Shola

Hey Scott, I'm having this same issue with the latest versions of umbraco and courier. If you are, please vote here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/COU-546

If not, please post how you solved it. Thanks!

• J 21 posts 42 karma points
    May 19, 2017 @ 22:43
    J

Per, I'm having the issue too. Courier 3.1.1 with Umbraco 7.6.1. The users are configured properly.

Works perfectly to send something via Courier 2 (inadvisable I suppose since I assume there are incompatibilities?), but as soon as I drop in the updated hotfix files and merge the configs I start getting the error. The users are still defined exactly like before in the config files. Untouched.

• J 21 posts 42 karma points
    May 22, 2017 @ 15:39
    J

Solved. If I'm understanding these settings right, it looks like "credentials" authentication is the problem. It seems to be defaulting to "token" even if you have it specified as "credentials".

The good news is that you can get it all working with the other method. You need to delete the <login>, <password>, and <passwordEncoding> elements for each user and replace it with a <user> element containing the umbracouser ID for the Courier login on each box. To secure all this you need to set an <apikey> value, to authenticate between the boxes. (At least, I think that's how all this works.)

Edit: The above does not work if I specify "token" as my authentication method. Ironic.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft