Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason 23 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 19:53
    Jason

Courier errors when using "package all"

Hello Everyone

I have 2 umbraco enviroments. umbraco-dev and umbraco-stage. I have courier installed in both enviroments. I would like to migrate all the contents of our umbraco-dev enviroment to our umbraco-stage enviroment. I created a revision package in courier and selected the "change contents option"  . From here i seletected the "package all" button

(im assuming this will grab the entire website)

When the webite is in the process of being packaged i get the following error... 

Packaging

Packaging entireSite
    Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.PackageException: Unable to load item with id '' from provider 'Documents' ---> Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.RetrieveException: Error retrieving item [] from provider [d8e6ad83-e73a-11df-9492-0800200c9a66]. ---> System.FormatException: Unrecognized Guid format. at System.Guid.GuidResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument, String failureArgumentName, Exception innerException) at System.Guid.TryParseGuid(String g, GuidStyles flags, GuidResult& result) at System.Guid..ctor(String g) at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.Persisters.DocumentItem.RetrieveItem[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\7302128a06ae6604\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\Persisters\Document.cs:line 70 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemCrudProvider.RetrieveItem[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemCrudProvider.RetrieveItem[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) at Umbraco.Courier.ItemProviders.DocumentItemProvider.HandlePack(ItemIdentifier id) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\7302128a06ae6604\Umbraco.Courier.Providers\ItemProviders\ContentItemProvider.cs:line 79 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.Package(ItemIdentifier id) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.Package(ItemIdentifier itemId) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\7302128a06ae6604\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Local\Local.cs:line 225 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.‡(ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, QueuedItemIdentifier itemInQueue) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.‡(ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, QueuedItemIdentifier itemInQueue) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.†() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value) 2/6/2012 1:49:52 PM

My question is this. Does this error have something to do with a custom template in the "documents" section of the site. Or could it be a null Id orphan ID??

Any help or direction would be much appericated. Thanks again for your help

Jason 

Feb 07, 2012 @ 20:08
    Jason

hello anybody have any direction on where to look for this? i have seached the umbracoNode database for the ID ='d8e6ad83-e73a-11df-9492-0800200c9a66' with no luck. 

My hunch is that there is broken a reference to an object with a guid = 'd8e6ad83-e73a-11df-9492-0800200c9a66' somehwere in the database. I just dont know where to look for this object. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Jason 

Feb 07, 2012 @ 20:30
    Jason

FYI i searched all the tables with a simlar datatype to the GUID. I still was unable to find that oprhaned record

cmsDocument

cmsPreviewXml

cmsPropertyData

umbracoNode

cmsContentVersion

cmsDataType

cmsDictionary

cmsLanguageText

umbracoRelationType

umbracoUserLogins

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 08:57
    Per Ploug

Hi Jason d8e6ad83-e73a-11df-9492-0800200c9a66 is the guid of the provider loading the item 

What it seems to do, is trying to load a courier item that has an empty ID. Any nodes in the umbracoNode table that has an empty/null uniqueId value?

/Per

Feb 08, 2012 @ 16:25
    Jason

Hey Per

I have checked the umbraconode table and there are no records with a uniqueID field with an empty of null value.  We have been trouble shooting this issue for about a day now. Are there any other places that we should look?

Thanks for your help

Jason 

Feb 09, 2012 @ 08:38
    Per Ploug

Okey, added some additional checks in its ID handling

If you just copy the courier.ucomponents dll from the latest hotfix.zip here: (built feb 9th) into your /bin

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.6/nightly%20builds/

If that doesn't fix it, then the Courier.Persistance.V4.Nhibernate has a generel fix for empty document IDs

Feb 09, 2012 @ 16:13
    Jason

Hey per thanks again for your help

I i put the  updated courier.ucomponents.dll & pbd from the feb9th hotfix in my bin directory.  I still recived the same error as before.

THen i tried putting the courier.persistance.v4.nhibernate.dll and pbd file in the bin directory. When i tried the extract all within courier i got the following error. (any suggestions? should i try and extract the dll's in the bin without the PDB files?  thanks again for your help.

Jason 

Taskmanager

Recently processed tasks

• Packaging

Packaging chrises love
      System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Courier.Core.Helpers.Bench' from assembly 'Umbraco.Courier.Core, Version=1.0.4373.24831, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.NHibernateProvider.CreateSessionFactory() at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.NHibernateProvider.get_SessionFactory() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\51d185ff47ab530d\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\NHibernate.cs:line 76 at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.NHibernateProvider.OpenSession() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\51d185ff47ab530d\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\NHibernate.cs:line 188 at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.Persisters.DataTypeItem.AvailableItems[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\51d185ff47ab530d\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\Persisters\Datatype.cs:line 144 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemCrud.AvailableItems[T]() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemCrudProvider.AvailableItems[T]() at Umbraco.Courier.ItemProviders.DataTypeProvider.AvailableSystemItems() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\7302128a06ae6604\Umbraco.Courier.Providers\ItemProviders\DataTypeProvider.cs:line 34 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.AddToQueue(RevisionManifest manifest) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value) 2/9/2012 10:06:43 AM

Packaging

Packaging chrises love
      System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Courier.Core.Helpers.Bench' from assembly 'Umbraco.Courier.Core, Version=1.0.4373.24831, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.NHibernateProvider.CreateSessionFactory() at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.NHibernateProvider.get_SessionFactory() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\51d185ff47ab530d\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\NHibernate.cs:line 76 at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.NHibernateProvider.OpenSession() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\51d185ff47ab530d\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\NHibernate.cs:line 188 at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.Persisters.DataTypeItem.AvailableItems[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\51d185ff47ab530d\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\Persisters\Datatype.cs:line 144 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemCrud.AvailableItems[T]() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemCrudProvider.AvailableItems[T]() at Umbraco.Courier.ItemProviders.DataTypeProvider.AvailableSystemItems() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\7302128a06ae6604\Umbraco.Courier.Providers\ItemProviders\DataTypeProvider.cs:line 34 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.AddToQueue(RevisionManifest manifest) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value) 2/9/2012 10:06:15 AM

Feb 09, 2012 @ 21:15
    Jason

Hey Per

I think we found this Issue, it turns out the Ultimate picker (datatype) did not have a parent node ID. Once we delted this picker the extraction worked correctly. We are still testing functionalty but thanks for your help.

Jason 

Feb 10, 2012 @ 08:08
    Per Ploug

oooh, thats were that empty ID came from, will add a fix to that now

Feb 10, 2012 @ 17:41
    Jason

Thanks Per, Glad to see this will help other people down the road..

Jason 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft