Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Roy 6 posts 26 karma points
    Nov 17, 2011 @ 17:20
    Chris Roy

Courier rewrites macro source ID number during deploy

When deploying content between environments, Courier seems to change the Macro ID within one of the page templates from the actual value (ie. "1234") to a long alphanumeric string (like: "4422df00-31e1-4c1e-ac42-af0e2733fffc").

Obviously when this happens, those macros are no longer retreiving the content as the ID it is looking for does not exist. This ends up leaving is with a page showing empty blocks, where content should be. It seems that everytime we deploy ANY file, it pulls the home page template across which has these macros in it, and changes the source value.

In short, the macro changes from:

<umbraco:macro source="correct-source-ID-number" Alias="macroAlias" runat="server"></umbraco:macro>

to:

<umbraco:macro source="courier-inserted-random-string" Alias="macroAlias" runat="server"></umbraco:macro>

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve?

Many thanks :)

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 17, 2011 @ 20:48
    Per Ploug

Hi Chris

Easiest fix, ensure that the ID that the macro is pointing at on your source site, is also present on your destination site, that way Courier can actually resolve the GUID back to a correct ID

Umbracos Node IDs are based on a database identity that cannot be transfered between sites, so courier has to replace IDs with unique identifiers and then replace them back to the right ID on the destination server, in you case, it cannot find the ID of the page that the macro points at, and therefore cannot resolve it.

• Chris Roy 6 posts 26 karma points
    Nov 21, 2011 @ 09:34
    Chris Roy

Hi Per,

Thanks again for the prompt response. After some playing around with and testing it now seems to have resolved itself. Because my dev sites macro had a different ID to the others, I had just been keeping it the same as the pre-production and live site to prevent having to change it after deploying. Turns out this did not help, and had the opposite effect to what I wanted. As soon as I pointed the macros to the correct IDs within their own environment, as you mentioned, it seemed to work fine.

Many thanks! 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft