Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• j1000 2 posts 24 karma points
    Oct 14, 2010 @ 17:38
    j1000

Error during transfer: "No User exists with ID -1"

I right click an image, choose Transfer to xxxx, then click the Transfer button and I get this:

Transfer Error!

Details:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.ArgumentException: No User exists with ID -1 at umbraco.BusinessLogic.User.setupUser(Int32 ID) at umbraco.BusinessLogic.User..ctor(String Login, String Password) at Umbraco.Courier.Webservices.Helper.AuthorizeClient(String login, String password) at Umbraco.Courier.Webservices.Messenger.ValidateDependency(String dependencyKey, Object validationObject, String login, String password) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Umbraco.Courier.CourierMessengerService.Messenger.ValidateDependency(String dependencyKey, Object validationObject, String login, String password) at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Proxy.Messenger.ValidateDependency(String dependencyKey, Object validationObject, String& errorMessage, String login, String password) at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Messengers.Helpers.MessengerHelper.ValidateDependencies(User u, Object objectToValidate, List`1 dependencies, String errorMessageTemplate, String& errorMessage) at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Messengers.Content.ContentMessenger.Validate(Object id, Object parentId, String& errorMessage, User u) at Umbraco.Courier.Dialogs.TransferNode.validateNode(Int32 selectedId, Boolean transferChildren, String& validationErrors) at Umbraco.Courier.Dialogs.TransferNode.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Any idea what's going on? I'm using the default config settings, with only the target server set. Courier is installed on the target server as well.

• j1000 2 posts 24 karma points
    Oct 15, 2010 @ 18:01
    j1000

A coworker found a previous post about this: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/8617-Courier-Allowed-Users

The workaround is to synchronize the username/password for whichever user will be using Courier. The post says it was slated to be fixed in 1.2, but it's still there.

• scottwilson 5 posts 28 karma points
    Nov 04, 2010 @ 16:09
    scottwilson

I'm getting a similar issue trying to push content. It seems that it won't let me push pages that were created by another user.

I'd be willing to work around issues like this and the No Node Id with ID '0' problem if this were free software or beta and pay for when it's done, but right now I've tried to push three times and gotten three different errors.

Shame, now I have to revert to the snapshot deployment process which doesn't allow me to sync environments.

• scottwilson 5 posts 28 karma points
    Nov 04, 2010 @ 16:15
    scottwilson

Here's ther error that I'm getting:

Documents cannot be transfered to the 'Test2' environment. The following validation errors were found:

* Bread (Id: 1121): No user with the login '3' exists

(and a bunch of others)

This seems a little silly that we can't deploy document created by anyone other than admin without creating those users on the target server as well.

• David Conlisk 432 posts 1008 karma points
    Nov 17, 2010 @ 12:12
    David Conlisk

I had the same issue and followed j1000's advice and synchronized the admin password on both builds and now it works fine.

• David Conlisk 432 posts 1008 karma points
    May 23, 2013 @ 13:00
    David Conlisk

I've had this error again with the latest version of Contour, and synchronizing the passwords of the user I'm using between both instances of Umbraco still does the trick.

• Mac McDell 73 posts 148 karma points
    Aug 11, 2016 @ 00:16
    Mac McDell

This happened to me when my cache kept thinking I was logging in as another user from another install instance. when I changed my url to /umbraco/logout it forced me to re-authenticate.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft