Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 20, 2015 @ 18:59
    Nicholas Westby

Contour Submissions Super Slow (3,000 DB Calls, 17,000 Lines in Licensing Log)

I have a form with about 60 fields. When I submit the form, it takes 11 seconds to submit. This is after upgrading to Contour 3.0.28 (the latest) and adding some extra indexes to some tables.

I ran a SQL trace and noticed that each submission runs about 3,000 SQL queries, which is insane. Here's what one of the traces looks like (I exported to a SQL table):

Trace

Notice it says 3,075 rows (I have already filtered out irrelevant info, so this should be the number of queries per submission, plus or minus a few dozen).

Also, when running on localhost from Visual Studio, I get over 17,000 lines written to the licensing file PER SUBMISSION. It's basically these lines repeated over and over (note that I've redacted the domains):

Could not validate license:

Your license has been approved for the following IPs/Domains: - Domain: (redacted)
    - Domain: (redacted)
    - Domain: localhost

As far as I'm aware, Contour is supposed to work on localhost, so it seems like that is a problem with the licensing logic. This seems like it's probably a bug, as others seem to be experiencing this too:

Those are all variations on the same theme (i.e., licensing issues causing problems in different ways based on different server configurations).

Can I work with somebody (Tim Geyssens?) on getting these major performance issues fixed? If Contour were open source, I'd try to fix this myself; unfortunately, that's not the case.

Not that it should be relevant, but this is an Umbraco 6.1.6 site.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft