Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert Stigsson 47 posts 158 karma points
    Sep 07, 2015 @ 13:54
    Robert Stigsson

Does Contour store the Forms in the Database

Hi!

We have been trying to use Umbraco Forms for a couple of days now, and realised that the way Umbraco Forms store the JSON-objects (the actual forms) makes it impossible for us to use it. We are always deleting everything that isn't added to our Git-project, and our users wont be able to add anything to the Git-project, meaning all the forms are deleted in each update of the source code.

So, before I spend a couple of hours of installing and configuring Contour, how are Contour storing the Forms? Is it through JSON objects too, or is it stored completly in the database?

Best Regards

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 07, 2015 @ 14:42
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Robert,

Contour stores the forms, that you make, completely in the database, so this could be a solution for you to use Contour, regarding to your post description.

/Dennis

Sep 07, 2015 @ 14:47
    Robert Stigsson

Thank you for a fast reply, and that's great!

Are there any obvious problems with Umbraco 7.x and Contour? As far as I've seen, Forms is just "looking" better (easier for the User to manage their forms), but not much else. What have I missed?

And lastly, are there any plans at allowing Forms to use DB-storage of Forms? Or are the benefits of JSON too good?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 07, 2015 @ 15:04
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Robert,

There is no problem using Contour in Umbraco 7. The package are compatible with the Umbraco 7.x. Yes the user interface has been changed, and in Forms are there less form states, less db calls as you already have noticed.

On other thing that you donĀ“t have in Umbraco is the code-first option, that is in Contour.

Currently there is no plans to allowing Forms to use DB-storage of Forms.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Sep 08, 2015 @ 06:17
    Robert Stigsson

Okey!

Thank you very much! Time to uninstall Forms and install Contour instead! :)

Sep 08, 2015 @ 11:15
    Robert Stigsson

Okey, so this is not the right topic to ask, but I'm going to ask anyway, since you seem to know your way around umbraco Contour / Forms.

I've been trying to uninstall Umbraco Forms for some time now, but the SQL-client wont go away. I've googled, but only found uninstallation SQL-script for Contour. Is there anyway to get your hands on uninstallation of Forms SQL for MSSQL?

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 08, 2015 @ 11:20

Hey Robert, you simply need to drop the UF* tables once those are gone you should be able to install Contour (that will install other UF* tables)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft