Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Sep 01, 2015 @ 00:19
    Mark Bowser

Import Contour data to Umbraco Forms

Does anyone know of a good way to export Contour forms and import them into Umbraco Forms?

We are performing a site upgrade from v6 to v7 by creating a blank v7 site and importing the v6 content into it. Just realized that all of the forms picked in rich text editors are going to have a problem if we recreate the forms. The Guids will be off.

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 02, 2015 @ 09:24

There is the migration tool you can find here: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/umbraco-forms-migration/

I can put up the sourcecode for you since I'm not sure if it maintains the guid (but with a small adjustment it will)

Sep 02, 2015 @ 17:10
    Mark Bowser

That's super awesome. My guess is that it won't fix the macro references in the rich text editors, right?

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 02, 2015 @ 17:26

nope it's a different macro :( you can also just use contour, latest version works on v7...

Sep 09, 2015 @ 15:38
    Mark Bowser

For the time being, I just manually changed the guids in the Umbraco.Forms json files, so that the guids matched up. That seemed to be ok. Nothing broke. Unfortunately, the name of the macro has also changed, so I have to either change the alias of the macro in the developer section, or I need to repick all of the forms. I'm just going to repick all of the forms. There aren't a whole lot.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft