Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Jul 23, 2015 @ 14:17
    Amir Khan

Umbraco Forms No Templates

Hi,

I'm was trying to duplicate a form template based on Arjan's post here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-710

I realized though, I don't think there is a way to create a form from one of the default templates (Contact or Comment) in Umbraco Forms? In Contour there was a "Choose a Template" dialog in the create menu, this seems to be gone in Umbraco Forms?

Thanks, Amir

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 24, 2015 @ 08:26
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Amir,

In Umbraco Forms you also have the default templates (Contact or Comment). That you can choose as a starting point for you form, and work from there.

If you click on the three dots, on the Forms folder, you can choose if you want to start a form from scratch, or use one of the default templates (Contact / Comment)

Try to see the documentation here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Editor/Creating-a-Form/

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jul 24, 2015 @ 14:49
    Amir Khan

So, this is what I was used to. But on forms 4.1.3 and 4.1.4 when I right click on the "forms" node in the tree > click create it jumps me right into the form builder and doesn't even show the template dialog...

I tried this on a fresh install yesterday and got the same results.

Thoughts?

Amir

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 27, 2015 @ 16:05
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Amir,

Did you have the comment and contact templates in \App_Plugins\UmbracoForms\Data\Templates if not then you could try to do a manual installation of Umbraco Forms.

You can download it here: http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoForms/4.0/UmbracoForms.Files.4.1.4.zip

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jul 27, 2015 @ 16:26
    Amir Khan

Hi Dennis,

The templates are in the correct spot, just no option to choose them in the dialog...

Thanks,

Amir

Sep 14, 2015 @ 20:47
    Amir Khan

So I just did another fresh install of Umbraco Forms via the back office install button and same thing, none of the default templates are available. There isn't even a step in the "Create Forms" dialog that allows me to choose one.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you,

Amir

• Jonathan 19 posts 101 karma points
    Sep 15, 2015 @ 09:15
    Jonathan

I think the trick is in the click. Left mouse click on the dots gives the option to create from a template. Right mouse click on the dots only gives a 'create' or 'refresh' option.

Have you tried the left mouseclick already?

Sep 15, 2015 @ 13:46
    Amir Khan

YES!!! Does that not seem backwards to you? Left click giving options instead of right click?

• Jonathan 19 posts 101 karma points
    Sep 15, 2015 @ 14:00
    Jonathan

Great!

I think it's inheritance of pre Umbraco 7 versions where we were used to every context action being a right click.

In Umbraco 7 you can use both left and right click on multiple places. In the content section the same principle applies as with forms, you either get create new node based on document types (left click on the dots) or directly 'other actions' (right click on entire node)

In terms of user experience it can be a bit confusing and takes a little getting used to. Once you're used to it, I rather like it because you can have faster access to different functions.

Thanks for marking it solved.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft