Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Jul 06, 2015 @ 14:43
    Graham Carr

Contour speed issues

Hello,

I have seen various posts relating to speed of Contour, especially on larger forms with multiple pages and fields. I have a form that has around 17 pages and just over 100 fields in total, and the client's users are reporting over 30 second delays between clicking "Next" on the pages. Clicking the final confirmation seems to work happen quite quickly.

The version of Umbraco being used is V6.0.5 and the version of Contour is 3.0.9.

Now my questions are as follows:

1. Was there an issue identified with the speed of the forms and was a resolution identified?

2. Would upgrading to a later version on Contour improve the speed, if so what version would be best to upgrade to and for that matter what version can be upgraded to when using V6.0.5 of Umbraco

1. A couple of tweaks were done to Contour by the contour team to accomodate a couple of requirements by my client, would these have been included in later versions or would I have to request a later version with these tweaks added?

2. Would adding more resources on the server the site is running on help, such as extra processing power, extra RAM, etc? Would adding additional indexes to certain tables help? etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Graham

• Comment author was deleted

Jul 07, 2015 @ 09:46

Hey Graham,

1. That's an excessive amount of time. But yes since that version there have been several improvements to the speed. First by reducing the amount of db interactions that are done between the steps and also a couple of bugs that resulted in slower performance (like logged in members made the forms slow because of the way member place holders where parsed).
    2. I would definitely suggest to upgrade and you can use the latest version on Umbraco 6.0.5. If tweaks where done they ended up in the main distribution so upgrading should be save
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft