Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tony 105 posts 163 karma points
    Apr 23, 2015 @ 13:31
    Tony

When the form is opened workflow?

Where has this gone? I need to process some query string values to pass to the form when it is opened and redirect to an error from if its not a valid link.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 23, 2015 @ 13:39
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tony,

The workflows in Umbraco Forms, has been simplified so there is less record states so you only have the submitted workflow an approved. The documentation is here: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Products/UmbracoForms/Editor/Attaching-Workflows/

If you need the opened workflow I suggest you install Contour instead of Forms it still works fine in Umbraco 7 and is being maintained too.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Apr 23, 2015 @ 13:45
    Tony

I went over to Forms as contour broke the whole CMS when I upgraded to 7.4.2 and read that this was replacing contour.

Apr 23, 2015 @ 14:09
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tony,

Jep, the Umbraco Forms, is also replacing Contour, but, there are some options that you have in Contour that you donĀ“t have in Umbraco Forms, for example the extended workflows another thing is there is no user security for Umbraco Forms, as you know it from Contour, and no CodeFirst.

Perhaps there could be an issue to the upgrading. Tim Geyssens has made a Umbraco Forms migration tool, when you are upgrading a Umbraco solution, that uses Contour. https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/umbraco-forms-migration

The steps you should take is: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/umbraco-forms-migration/computer-says-no/59800-Steps-to-use

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Apr 23, 2015 @ 15:14
    Tony

Yes I used that to migrate to forms which is why I dont really fancy trying to go back to contour (does contour even work on 7.2.4? I was led to believe it didnt by the dicussions around it and the fact it broke umbraco when I upgraded it). 

Im a bit suprised they changed over to a product which has so much less functioanlity as it measn it will most likely have to be ditched and the forms built from scratch in standard MVC which will have wasted many weeks of dev time for us and has caused a lot of anger for the client.

Apr 23, 2015 @ 15:22
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tony, 

Yeah Contour 3.0.26 works in Umbraco 7.2.4. I have just tried install into a fresh Umbraco 7.2.4 using the Fanoe starter kit, and I have no problems with the installation.

And I have added a form to my frontend and it works fine. You could raise a feature request on the issue tracker http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/CON so the HQ of Umbraco knows that you think it would be nice to have simliar functions in Umbraco Forms which you have in Contour.

/Dennis

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 24, 2015 @ 09:50

Contour still works fine on v7 of Umbraco, do you have more details on what broke during the upgrade? Since we should be able to get it working

For Forms there is no opened record state, only submitted and approved

• Zac 223 posts 575 karma points
    Apr 25, 2015 @ 17:13
    Zac

Contour works fine on v7 of Umbraco? Did it get a big patch then?

About a month ago I asked in this forum if Contour actually works in v7 because, well, it didn't seem to. We had a host of different problems which were either breaking Contour or making it unusable in the backoffice.

Nobody really gave a straight answer on what the deal is with using Contour in u7 but I did get a response from Jan Skovgaard who didn't sound 100% sure but basically said you have to use Forms.

Confusing. We invested significant development time to migrating from Contour to Forms as this appeared to be the only solution available, and we still haven't got that working quite right - and Forms 4.1.0 isn't working for some of us unfortunately.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft