Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonas 123 posts 206 karma points
    Mar 23, 2015 @ 08:37
    Jonas

Whats is Forms , and what is Contour?

Can someone responsible for the two products state what the purpose are of both products,and how the future support will look like.

Now I find out in the forums that Forms does not have all the functionality that Contour has.

Some clarification from someone at Umbraco!

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Mar 23, 2015 @ 09:43
    Matt Brailsford

Hi Jonas,

Umbraco Forms is the Umbraco v7 successor of Contour. I can't speak for HQ directly, but I would imagine that Umbraco Forms will be their primary "form builder" moving forwards, with Contour likely just having bug fixes done for those still using older versions of Umbraco.

The key decision on when to choose one over the other will likely come down to what version of Umbraco you are using. If you are on a legacy pre v7 system, you'll need to use Contour, but if you are using v7 or newer, then Umbraco Forms is the way to go.

In terms of Umbraco forms not supporting all the Contour features, I'd imagine it's because pre / post v7 is a big difference from a UI perspective so HQ will have focused on the core feature set to port over with the rest coming later on.

Hope this helps.

Matt

• Jonas 123 posts 206 karma points
    Mar 23, 2015 @ 09:51
    Jonas

Hi Matt,

That is what we also thought until installing Forms and started using it.

There are still key functionality missing from Forms and if listening to Tim Geyssens Forms is NOT the new Contour.

Crucial functions missing in Forms is Permissions and Export form, there could be more.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft