Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hywel Lewis 37 posts 138 karma points
    Feb 25, 2015 @ 16:35
    Hywel Lewis

Passing values and conditional logic on text field Umbraco Forms

Hi, I have 2 small issues in umbraco forms that I cant seem to find the answer for. Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

1. Is it possible to pass the details of completed filed to a text filed on another section of the same form, the idea is to show the visitor a summary of what they have inpur before pressing send.

Have tried adding the field name in the default value with [@fieldName] and [#fieldName] and cant get it to work.

2. Is it possible to configure conditionals on text fields, so that another field is not shown until the first fields are completed, currently I have a checkbox set to show the next fields when ticked but it would be nicer to remove this if possible

Thanks in advance

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 25, 2015 @ 16:45
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Hywel,

I can answer your second question about setting up conditionals on text fields, so that another field is not shown until the first fields are completed. Yes it´s is possible for you to setup conditional logic on fields. Try to see the documentation about how to work with conditional logic in Umbraco Forms,

You can find it here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Products/UmbracoForms/Editor/Creating-a-form/Conditional-Logic/

For the first part of you question I am a bit unsure how it can be done if possible, perhaps someone else in the forum, has a good answer to that.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Hywel Lewis 37 posts 138 karma points
    Feb 26, 2015 @ 09:47
    Hywel Lewis

Hi Dennis thanks for the reply, I have been looking through the conditional logic but it doesnt seem to work with a text field against another text field.

e.g

If the 1st,2nd & 3rd text fields are not null, show fields 4,5 & 6

Thanks

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 26, 2015 @ 10:04
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Hywel,

Perhaps you need to do this in regular jQuery outside the Umbraco Forms module, where you can make some check if the field 1,2,3 has a value then show field 4,5 and 6.

Hope this could be a solution.

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft