Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 11:13
    Craig100

UmbracoForms Email Templates, where are they?

Slowly getting to grips with UmbracoForms. Can't find the email template being used. Have looked in App_Plugins/UmbracoForms but can't find anything obvious, including looking into some of the json files. 

I'd like to change the wording on the template. Where is it located?

Thnx,

Craig

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 11:30
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Craig,

If you need to change something email templates, then you need to use the send xslt transformed email, send the result of the form to an email address (full control over the email contents by supplying an xslt file) https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Products/UmbracoForms/Editor/Attaching-Workflows/#Sendxslttransformedemail

Find this file in your file structure /App_Plugins/UmbracoForms/Xslt/sendXsltEmailSample.xslt

Take a copy of the file make the changes that you want to it

Go into the Umbraco Forms section click on the workflow for your form, open up the workflow for the form, and click on the When the form is submitted, it should workflow change the type from send mail to send xslt transformed email. See the screenshot below

Save the file into Umbraco media library so you can pick in when you edited the workflow. If you don´t know it yet, then the smtp4dev https://smtp4dev.codeplex.com/ is a nice program for testing email sending on localhost.

Hope this make sense, and helps,

/Dennis

Feb 12, 2015 @ 12:18
    Craig100

Thanks Dennis,

Is this for the "Send Email" or the "Send XSLT Trasformed Email" option? I'm using just the "Send Email" option as I didn't think for one moment we'd still be using XSLT, I thought that stuff was dead and buried ;)

The default template that's being used has this at the top:-

"the form Contact form was submitted, this is the list of values it contained, you can turn this email off under workflows in Umbraco Contour"

I can't find it in the XSLT directory. However, doing a global search for the above phrase (don't know why I didn't do it before!) it's found in all the json files in /App_Plugins/UmbracoForms/Data/Workflows/someguid.json

"Message": "the form *form name* was submitted, this is the list of values it contained, you can turn this email off under workflows in Umbraco Contour"

I think the files are auto-generated when you create a new form. Why would you prepopulate the message? Is it impossible for the editor to change it or must it be done by developers fiddling with the json file?

As for a dev email tool, I use this one, it works really well. It just intercepts any emails your sites send and displays them: http://www.toolheap.com/test-mail-server-tool/

Thnx

Craig

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 13:37
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Craig,

It for the Send XSLT Trasformed Email workflow. I don´t think that you can get the control over the email template that is used for the Send Email workflow.

/Dennis

Feb 12, 2015 @ 14:06
    Craig100

If I'd scrolled down the WorkFlow side panel before hitting "Update" I'd have seen the "Message" box prepopulated with the message.  I've now modified it and sanity is restored :) I knew you wouldn't have sent a product out like that ;)

Thanks,

Craig

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft