Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris 92 posts 238 karma points
    Jan 21, 2015 @ 08:58
    Chris

Umbrao forms update - 500er error?

Hey,

In my backoffice I get the message that there was a release of a update for umbraco forms. When I hit the "update"-button the download seems to star.

I get the following message displayed:

"There is new version available

You can now install Umbraco forms

Downloading and upgrading forms..."

But nothing happens. With fiddler I saw that I get a 500er error when clicking on the download/upgrade button from: /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoForms/Updates/InstallLatest?version=

Is this a error from my site is the update just not working?

• David W. 159 posts 284 karma points c-trib
    Jan 23, 2015 @ 09:34
    David W.

Yes I have this as well. Acording to docs, a current version label should be visible in this screen but is not. (http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Products/UmbracoForms/Installation/Upgrade). Guessing this is related to why the upgrade does not work.

I read a new version of Forms is coming today, so maybe it will be fixed?

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 26, 2015 @ 14:06

Was an issue with our build server, upgrade should be working fine today and it is recommended to upgrade to 4.0.1

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 04, 2015 @ 22:07
    Paul Sterling

In the case your webserver requires authentication, or you otherwise can't access the repository - as in the case on Umbraco as a Service Dev sites - you can also manually upgrade like this:

For the forms update you'll just unzip the files from the "...FILES...zip" here http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoForms/4.0/ into your site
    Commit the updated files  
    On the next AppStart any db migrations or other config will get updated. 
    Then when you deploy to Stage then Live the updated files are included in the deployment
    The latest version is:  UmbracoForms.Files.4.0.1.zip (as of the date of this post)
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft