Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hayley 23 posts 71 karma points
    Jan 03, 2015 @ 03:30
    Hayley

Form slow when send email workflows created

Hi,

I've created two forms with contour (well umbraco forms). I've got umbraco 7.2.1.

The forms work great when I don't have the send email workflows enabled. However when I add the send email workflows. It takes between 2-4 mins for the form to submit and display the redirect page.

I'm using gmail as the smtp server. My web.config contains the following for the smtp settings

<system.net>

<mailSettings>

<smtp>

<network host="smtp.gmail.com" port="465" 

enableSsl="true" 

defaultCredentials="false" 

userName="admin@******.co.nz" 

password="********" />

</smtp>

</mailSettings>

</system.net>

I've set the default email in the umbracosettings.config file as well.

Also now I can't view the entries on one of the forms, it just doesn't load anything.

Jan 03, 2015 @ 07:20
    Hayley

I've now made an edit on the form (removed the workflows so the forms actually work for end users). But now on the entire site I'm receiving this error. I can't access the site at all.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Error running Reader:
    SQL Statement:
    SELECT id, domainName FROM umbracoDomains ORDER BY id

Exception:
    System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException (0x80004005): Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.
      at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.Open(Boolean silent)
      at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.Open()
      at SQLCE4Umbraco.SqlCeContextGuardian.Open(String connectionString)
      at SqlCE4Umbraco.SqlCeApplicationBlock.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlCeParameter[] commandParameters)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: SqlCE4Umbraco.SqlCeProviderException: Error running Reader:
    SQL Statement:

Exception:
    System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException (0x80004005): Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.
      at SqlCE4Umbraco.SqlCeApplicationBlock.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlCeParameter[] commandParameters)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlCeProviderException: Error running Reader: 
    SQL Statement:

Exception:
       at SqlCE4Umbraco.SqlCeApplicationBlock.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlCeParameter[] commandParameters)]
       SqlCE4Umbraco.SqlCeApplicationBlock.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlCeParameter[] commandParameters) +182
       SqlCE4Umbraco.SqlCEHelper.ExecuteReader(String commandText, SqlCeParameter[] parameters) +37
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +81

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteReader]
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +201
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain.<GetDomains>b__0() +76
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<GetCacheItem>b__0() +10
       System.Lazy`1.CreateValue() +180
       System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() +22
       System.Lazy`1.get_Value() +11212537
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, CacheDependency dependency) +937
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles) +107
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.CacheProviderExtensions.GetCacheItem(IRuntimeCacheProvider provider, String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles) +155
       Umbraco.Core.CacheHelper.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, TimeSpan timeout, Func`1 getCacheItem) +277
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain.GetDomains(Boolean includeWildcards) +151
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.FindDomain() +231
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.PrepareRequest() +15
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +376
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.<Init>b__a(Object sender, EventArgs e) +80
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69
    Jan 03, 2015 @ 08:37
    Hayley

I've reset the website by resending all the files back up using FTP from my local machine.

It appears to stop as soon as I add the gmail smtp settings into the web.config.

• Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Feb 18, 2015 @ 18:14
    Jonas Eriksson

Hi

did you try setup a pickup directory instead of using the real smtp?

<system.net>
      <mailSettings>
        <smtp deliveryMethod="SpecifiedPickupDirectory">
          <specifiedPickupDirectory pickupDirectoryLocation="c:\temp\maildrop\"/>
        </smtp>
      </mailSettings>
    </system.net>
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft