Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sunnefa Lind 29 posts 85 karma points
    Nov 10, 2014 @ 16:17
    Sunnefa Lind

Can't insert Contour form into RTE

Hi, this is the second installation that this happen to me, that I can't insert a Contour form via the macro for the Rich text editor. The first time I thought it might have something to do with the fact that I upgraded Umbraco from 6.1 but this time I started with a clean Umbraco 7.1.6 install and it still doesn't work. So here's what happens:

1. I create a form using Contour. Works great.
    2. I go into a content page and press the "insert macro button". So far so good.
    3. When I select the "Insert form from Umbraco Contour" macro this shows up: enter image description here

It appears as though I don't have any forms, but I do. A look at the Chrome developer tools reveals a 500 internal server error coming from this URL:

http://mydomain.com/umbraco/Contour/FormsApi/GetAll

Also if I try to use the form picker as a normal property on a document type, it also appears as though I don't have any forms. So I need help with this, this has been reported by other users and has been submitted in the issue tracker as well, but this is really a show stopper for both me and others.

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 10, 2014 @ 16:19

Hi Sunnefa, could you tell me the Contour version you are using?

Would it be possible to send me a backup of the site tg at umbraco dot com then I can debug locally since I'm unable to reproduce this issue

Thanks!

Nov 10, 2014 @ 16:38
    Sunnefa Lind

Thank you for the reply Tim.

I'm using the newest version of Contour, 3.0.23.

How would I send you a backup? The site is very big with a lot of content in an MSSQL database, not MSQL Express so I don't know how I could send you a copy.

The message I get back from the FormsApi is not helpful:

Nov 10, 2014 @ 16:42

You could take a backup of the db (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187510.aspx),zip it and send it over with a service as https://www.wetransfer.com/

Would that work out for you?

Nov 10, 2014 @ 16:44
    Sunnefa Lind

It might work out, but I am pressed for time right now. Can I contact you again tomorrow?

Nov 10, 2014 @ 16:44

Sure whenever works out for you is fine :) thanks for the help!

Nov 10, 2014 @ 16:45

btw there is also a package to create db backups (haven't tested it) http://our.umbraco.org//projects/developer-tools/sql-backup

Nov 11, 2014 @ 09:56
    Sunnefa Lind

That package doesn't work for me, but that might have something to do with the folder permissions on my server.

I have taken a backup of the database, do you need the files as well or just the database?

Nov 11, 2014 @ 11:43
    Sunnefa Lind

Hi again Tim!

I've now updated my site to Umbraco 7.1.8 and for some strange reason, the form picker now works in Firefox but not in Chrome. It also worked when I ran the site locally from Visual Studio but not when I published it to the server. Do you have any ideas what might be causing this? Is the form picker simply bugged in Chrome or is this something else?

Could there be permission issues on my server that are causing this or some other setting on the server that you can think of?

Thanks for your help :-)

Nov 11, 2014 @ 11:50

Could be but if it's permissions I would thing more things wouldn't work

If you look at the details for the 500 error what does it say?

Nov 11, 2014 @ 11:51

Ok never mind I see the error message isn't very helpfull, anything you can find in the umbracolog that relates to the error?

Nov 11, 2014 @ 11:54
    Sunnefa Lind

No, there is nothing in the umbraco log. But it is strange that the form picker works in Firefox and not in Chrome, could this be related to some of the angular code behind the form picker?

Nov 11, 2014 @ 12:04

So locally it also works in chrome it's just on publish to the webserver that it doesn't work in chrome?

Nov 11, 2014 @ 12:04
    Sunnefa Lind

Yes, that's correct

Nov 11, 2014 @ 12:09

Yeah must be something that has gone wrong during publish then, maybe the iis logs can provide more detail on the 500 error

Nov 11, 2014 @ 12:10
    Sunnefa Lind

All right, I will check them out and get back to you. That doesn't explain why it works in Firefox though...

Nov 12, 2014 @ 09:41

500 is an internal server error so hopefully you'll find more details in the logs, but yeah strange that it works in ff and not in chrome

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft