Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jannik Anker 48 posts 258 karma points c-trib
    Feb 17, 2014 @ 10:50
    Jannik Anker

System.ArgumentException: Must specify valid information for parsing in the string.

Hi,

I encountered an unfortunate error in the middle of updating (the code behind) one website using uSiteBuilder, which crashed the website and I may have turned to some desperate measures to get it back up - copying more files than I was comfortable with from a local dev setup, and finally rolling back the database half a day. Yeah, I was that desperate.

The website is back up (yay!), but now I'm getting the error below whenever I try to interact with Contour - both when I try opening any of the Contour pages in the Contour section or when I try to insert a form on a page. Any form already inserted on the site is no longer showing. I didn't knowingly touch anything Contour related during my "restore". Does anyone have any idea what may be the cause (or even better, how to fix it)?

Running Umbraco 4.7.1.1 and Contour 3.0.6. Oh, and the solution is running fine locally.

I've tried setting DisableFormCaching to True in UmbracoContour.config and touching the web.config afterwards, but to no avail.

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.ArgumentException: Must specify valid information for parsing in the string.
       at System.Enum.EnumResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument)
       at System.Enum.TryParseEnum(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase, EnumResult& parseResult)
       at System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase)
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.FormSettings..ctor()
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Form.Create()
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Form.CreateFromDataReader(IRecordsReader reader)
       at Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FormStorage..¬.  
    ()
       at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem[TT](String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem)
       at Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FormStorage.GetAllForms(Boolean archived)
       at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dashboard.FormsDashboard.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at ASP.umbraco_dashboard_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

• Jannik Anker 48 posts 258 karma points c-trib
    Feb 17, 2014 @ 16:48
    Jannik Anker

Never mind. I reapplied the 3.0.6 update, that fixed it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft