Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben Norman 167 posts 276 karma points
    Mar 16, 2012 @ 05:25
    Ben Norman

resume from querystring

Can you setup a page that allows you to pass a record id for a given form id on the querystring and then resume editing the form?

eg

template code

<form runat="server">
      <umbraco:Macro FormGuid="72cf18f3-d29e-425f-adbb-092803ba83fc" Alias="umbracoContour.RenderForm" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>
    </form>

http://example.com/sumbission/?id={record.Id}

So when I visit the submission page because the id parameter exists we kick off editing the form again record specified by the id.

If not, how can i resume editing the record long after the form has been submitted and other submissions of the same form have taken place?

Do I have to have a page which accepts the id as specified above and then sets some cookies and then redirect to the page with the form in the template?

Mar 17, 2012 @ 02:04
    Ben Norman

Phew, I worked it out.

So to resume editing your contour entry do the following:

Update your "Insert form from Umbraco Contour" Macro to use the AllowEditing Parameter.

Go to your template and use the "Insert form from Umbraco Contour" Macro to add to your template

<form runat="server">
      <umbraco:Macro FormGuid="72cf18f3-d29e-425f-adbb-092803ba83fc" AllowEditing="1" Alias="umbracoContour.RenderForm" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>
    </form>

Then you want to pass the entry guid on the querystring with the parameter name RecordGuid eg http://example.com/sumbission/?RecordGuid={record.Id}

Mar 17, 2012 @ 02:09
    Ben Norman

Actually, i just need to work out a way to only allow users who created the entry to modify it. I suppose a workflow or something like will do it.

Does anyone have any code they can give me to do this.

When I get it working I'll stick it on the wiki along with the other things i have there to do with contour.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft