Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steven 12 posts 83 karma points
    Feb 09, 2012 @ 14:41
    Steven

Workflow action "post form to url" not triggered/executed

Hi there,

I'm a Umbraco (Contour) newbie, and need some help with the Contour workflowtype "post form to url".
    It`s all set up in Umbraco v4.7.0, and the workflow action is the first action for the form, in the "form submitted" phase.
    The page where the form is POSTed to is a C# .ashx-handler file.
    It receives the form input and does some processing with it and sends an e-mail.
    When I submit similar data from a HTML testpage the handler-file works, but it seems
    it doesn`t get triggered/requested through the workflow.
    When testing the form, requests for the 'post-to page' are not logged in my IIS logfile.

• Is there a possiblity to debug this? (It isn`t mentioned in the trace, right?)
    • Can the URL in the workflow be in the following format: [/special-folder/formhandler.ashx] or should it contain the domain as well?
    • Should the file posted to, be a .aspx page (instead of the current .ashx)?
    • Should the directory where the handler-page is in, be added to the "umbracoReservedPaths" appSetting in web.config?
    • Where are username/password needed for?

Judging by my questions, you can see I'm a Umbraco-(Contour-)n00b who can certainly use some guidance...

Thanks in advance!
    Kind regards, Steven

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 10, 2012 @ 10:18

Hey Steven,

And if you test other workflows do they fire? Anything in the umbraco log (log table in the db)?

• Steven 12 posts 83 karma points
    Feb 10, 2012 @ 10:46
    Steven

Goodmorning Tim,

After your reaction I checked the log-table in the database, but nothing there.

I tested again and modified the post-url from [/folder/handler-file.ashx] to [http://domein/folder/handler-file.ashx] and it looks that did the trick.

Can that be?!

Thanks!

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 10, 2012 @ 11:29

Yup guess that did the trick then, glad it's sorted!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft