Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• bev0 39 posts 59 karma points
    Dec 02, 2011 @ 23:18
    bev0

Workflow stops working after upgrade

I create a class "Email Subscription" and added to the contour workflow "When the form has been Submitted". It has been working until recent upgrade of Umbraco 4.7.1 and Contour 1.1.11.  

The symptom is that everything still works in the background, db insert & email sent, but after workflow is done, instead of get out and return a nice Thank you message which I set in the contour form "Message on submit", it gives me a .NET error.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]   Umbraco.Forms.Data.StringHelper.(String , Object ) +77   Umbraco.Forms.Data.StringHelper.ParsePlaceHolders(HttpContext Context, Record record, String value) +321   Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.RenderForm.RenderUi() +4768   Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.RenderForm.nextPage(Object sender, EventArgs e) +257   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +153   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3706

I have tried to google this error everywhere and even on umbraco forum and still no luck. One note is that I don't recall using Umbraco.Forms.Data anywhere in my class. Any advice would greatly appreciate as I ran out of ideas to debug this issue. Thanks in advance !

Dec 05, 2011 @ 17:14
    bev0

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.StringHelper.(String , Object ) +77
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.StringHelper.ParsePlaceHolders(HttpContext Context, Record record, String value) +321
       Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.RenderForm.RenderUi() +4768
       Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.RenderForm.nextPage(Object sender, EventArgs e) +257
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +153
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3706
  • Comment author was deleted

Dec 08, 2011 @ 10:05

Do all workflows stop working or just a specific one?

Dec 08, 2011 @ 17:24
    bev0

so far, this is the 1st workflow i create and has been working with previous version of contour and umbraco. but since umbraco got updated to 4.7.1, contour is also requires to update to latest to work with that version of umbraco.......sadly somehow broke my workflow.

• Comment author was deleted

Dec 09, 2011 @ 09:52

Ok and would it be possible to try one of the default workflows to see if you have the same issue there.

Also if you create a simple sample form without any workflows attached do you get the issue there... ?

Cheers,

Tim

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft