Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Sep 08, 2011 @ 18:42
    Tom Fulton

Contour UI Bug with Fieldset Caption - Breaks form in IE

Hello,

Our client ran into a fairly serious UI bug, as it prevents the form from submitting in IE when it occurs.

Basically if you edit a fieldset's caption, and click Save while you still have focus in the caption textbox, you'll then see duplicate "Click to Edit" fields.  The fieldset's caption is then set to "</form>" - which causes the server-side form tag to be closed prematurely when rendering in the front end.  This prevents IE users from submitting the form alltogether.  It also breaks the form editing UI in IE.

Here's a screencast explaining the issue:  http://www.screenr.com/v3Cs

If you click outside (or tab out) of the fieldset caption textbox before clicking Save, all works correctly.

Hope this can be fixed as it's quite a pain and seems like an easy issue.

Let me know if any additional info is needed.

Thanks,
    Tom

• Braydie 148 posts 346 karma points
    Mar 26, 2012 @ 17:46
    Braydie

I've just had a user stumble across them, thankfully I was able to 'retrieve' them by using Chrome to go in and edit the form title to restore it in IE, however this isn't viable going forward as there is a real possibility that a user could only have access to IE... 

I've also noticed in the beta version for v5 that this is almost fixed in that the form doesn't disappear, it just returns </form> as the title

• JHaas 7 posts 27 karma points
    Aug 22, 2012 @ 19:43
    JHaas

Has this been resolved? I have a multi-panel form that's doing this and can't find the blank title. Is there a way of getting into the database and manually repairing this problem? I'm currently using:

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Aug 22, 2012 @ 19:53
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

I don't think it's resolved.  To repair it, just clear the Caption field from the offending fieldset in the DB (UFFieldsets) - find the one that has </form> for the caption as shown above.

-Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft