Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Krysl 1 post 71 karma points
    Nov 21, 2017 @ 02:37
    Mike Krysl

Admin navigation disappears until trees.config is touched

We are running Umbraco version 7.1.8 assembly: 1.0.5394.16131. Our sit eis hosted by Godaddy using Deluxe Windows Hosting with Plex. A few weeks ago our site was throwing an error. I wish I had written it down because I don't remember the details. What I do remember is that the fix, as suggested by a post here, was to restore the trees.config file. The symptoms pointed to the file being suddenly empty. It was, so I restored it from a backup and the site came back up.

Now, when we try to make changes to the site the admin navigation on the left site of the back end is missing. Strangely, the one way to bring it back it to bring up the trees.config file in the Godaddy online editor and save it -- with no changes. This brings the admin menu back, but only temporarily. We aren't sure how long it lasts, but when we come back to make more changes the admin nav has disappeared again.

I can't find anything even close to a solution for this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft