Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rolph 2 posts 73 karma points
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 10:56
    Rolph

Form workflows

Hi Guys,

I have an application form on our website that collects basic information of an individual and the location (which is a dropdown on the form) of the office they would be interested to work for us. I plan to route these applications to managers of the different location offices.

At the moment I can add only 1 receiver email address. so I get all the email and then I manually route it. this is lot of manual task especially when we receive many applications.

I would like to send the emails based on the location to different receivers.

Would there be a way I can do this ?

PS - may be this is a noob query but its my first post on the forum. :)

Many thanks, Rolph

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 13:07
    Nik

Hi Rolph,

You could look at creating a custom workflow and storing your routing rules in a config file/section of the site.

There is some great documentation on Umbraco Forms workflows:

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Developer/Extending/Adding-a-Workflowtype

In a work flow you have access to the form data so you can use it how you would like, such as generating emails and sending them etc.

Nik

• Rolph 2 posts 73 karma points
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 13:19
    Rolph

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your response.

To store the rules to config file I would probably need server access ? All I have is the Umbraco CMS access , is there a way I can do it from the CMS directly ?

Thanks for the link - I had a quick look, where do I add the code, seems like I would need developer access.

still trying to figure my way around customization.

a video link would really be helpful. I have not found a video tutorial on umbraco CMS with this information.

Rolph

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Oct 10, 2017 @ 13:23
    Nik

Hi Rolph,

You are correct, to do something like this you would need developer access and server access. I've not seen any plugins that exist that can do this as of yet so it would be the only way I know of I'm affraid.

Nik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft