Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Hutson 48 posts 379 karma points
    May 04, 2017 @ 14:19
    David Hutson

Deployment - connection refused

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy to a sandboxed environment which has no internet access which has been fine in the past. However, since adding the Umbraco Forms plugin the site is throwing the following error.

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 23.100.15.180:80

I believe this is a MS Azure Data Centre in Amsterdam for Umbraco.io.

I am not able to open the server up to the internet. I thought perhaps an entry in the hosts file might work but I'm not sure if Umbraco Forms is dialling home for some type of license validation. I do have a valid certificate for this domain but deployments need to pass through this test environment before they can be released to production.

Any advice?

• Adam Arkley 3 posts 72 karma points
    May 04, 2017 @ 17:31
    Adam Arkley

Hello,

A difficult one, but I'm almost convinced that your logic around a host file entry not working is correct. Forms will make some sort of call to somewhere in Umbraco-land to ensure that you're licensed to use it, and it'll probably be this server that is refusing your connection.

I can only suggest it might have been some sort of temporary outage - I'm not a forms user myself, but it would be a huge own goal for Umbraco to host their licensing server on an Azure environment which filters access from specific IPs!

Adam

• David Hutson 48 posts 379 karma points
    May 05, 2017 @ 10:50
    David Hutson

Thanks Adam,

I have contacted HQ by email and tweeted Warren one of the key Umbraco Forms guys. I really hope that they or another member of the community can cast some light on this IP request and whether there is a work around.

HQ fixed it, the license key was wrong and could not validate. It then tried to call home which created the connection issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft