Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rishabh Jain 19 posts 99 karma points
    Mar 14, 2017 @ 05:40
    Rishabh Jain

Unable to publish a news feed

Hi,

I am trying to trying to publish a news feed but getting the following error:

"Oops: this document is published but is not in the cache(internal error)"

Would appreciate any feedback on how to solve this error.

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Mar 14, 2017 @ 07:26
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Rishabh!

Please try these actions (in numeric order) to try to fix this issue:

1) Republish entire site : Log in to the backoffice and right-click on the "Content" heading and select the option "Republish entire site". Once you've done this, try to "Save and Publish" your news feed again and see if it works.

enter image description here

2) Clear Examine search result : It could be that something is "broke" in your Examine files. These files are generated and stored in you solution at /App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndex. Try to delete the ExamineIndex folder (no danger in doing this, it will be re-generated) and see if that solves your problem. Note: you might need to restart you AppPool if your site is live otherwise you'll get an exception.

But first try and republish the entire site and see if that fixes your problem.

Let me know how/if it works out.

Good luck!

Mar 15, 2017 @ 01:43
    Rishabh Jain

Hi,

Thank you for helping me with this.

I am new to Umbraco and need to understand where I can find the /App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndex

and also where can I try restarting AppPool?

kind regards, Rishabh

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 15, 2017 @ 03:11
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Rishabh,

If you have the file structure of the site, then you will see the /App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndex but you need to go on the server where you have installed Umbraco.

An easy way to do a recycle of the AppPool is to do add a space in the web.config file and then remove it again and save the file, then the AppPool will restart.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Mar 15, 2017 @ 03:27
    Rishabh Jain

Thanks Dennis,

Our site was built by a third party company, so does it mean that the File Structure will reside with them?

I have access to Umbraco portal which with Developer privileges, can something be done from there?

Mar 15, 2017 @ 03:31
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Rishabh,

Yes you can rebuild the Examine indexes from the developer section you should have an examine dashboard where you can see this.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Mar 15, 2017 @ 06:47
    Rishabh Jain

Hi Dennis,

Thank you so much for your help.

I installed the package and I can see the Trace Logs in Developer section but it doesn't contain any logs. If you notice in the screenshot, it doesn't show any logs. Do the logs automatically get recorded? Or the log recording has to be started from somewhere? Does it not show the previous logs?

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Mar 15, 2017 @ 06:57
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Rishabh.

I think you accidentally posted that last post in the wrong thread. It was supposed to be here right: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/84575-how-to-open-the-log-file-in-umbraco?

Did you try Dennis Aaen's suggestion of re-index Examine from the Developer section.

Hope this works out for you!

Mar 20, 2017 @ 05:35
    Rishabh Jain

Hi Dennis,

I was trying to get answer from Dennis Aeon, but I think he is off on holidays etc.

I rebuilt all examine indexes but it still didn't resolve the 'save and publish' issue.

In the logs, it shows the error: 2017-03-17 00:00:37,259 [8] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing - [Thread 99] An error occurred with the scheduled publishing. The base url used in the request was: http://mysite.org/umbraco/, see http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Using-Umbraco/Config-files/umbracoSettings/#ScheduledTasks documentation for details on setting a baseUrl if this is in error System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. I tried following steps: 1. In the umbracosettings.config file, I tried adding baseURL thing in scheduledTasks 2. Change the umbracoUseSSL to 'true' in web.config file

But changing the baseURL brought down our site We are using umbraco 7.2.4 version and somewhere on forums it says that upgrading to version 7.2.8 resolves this issue.

What would be your advise?

Mar 15, 2017 @ 07:20
    Rishabh Jain

Thanks Dennis,

Yes we do have Examine Management.

Should I rebuild indexes for all indexers here?

Mar 15, 2017 @ 07:23
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Rishabh,

Yes, if you think that your Examine indexes not are up to date or perhaps corrupt at some point then you can rebuild them in there.

/Dennis

Mar 15, 2017 @ 07:30
    Rishabh Jain

Thank you so much Dennis.

I will try reexamining indexes.

You have been so helpful, if you ever come to Brisbane, please send me message, we can meet and I can buy you a coffee or beer. You have been such a helpful person that it would be great to meet you in person.

Kind regards, Rishabh

Mar 17, 2017 @ 06:41
    Rishabh Jain

Hi Dennis,

I rebuilt all examine indexes but it still didn't resolve the 'save and publish' issue. In the logs, it shows the error: 2017-03-17 00:00:37,259 [8] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing - [Thread 99] An error occurred with the scheduled publishing. The base url used in the request was: http://earthcheck.org/umbraco/, see http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Using-Umbraco/Config-files/umbracoSettings/#ScheduledTasks documentation for details on setting a baseUrl if this is in error System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

I tried following steps: 1. In the umbracosettings.config file, I tried adding baseURL thing in scheduledTasks 2. Change the umbracoUseSSL to 'true' in web.config file

But changing the baseURL brought down our site

We are using umbraco 7.2.4 version and somewhere on forums it says that upgrading to version 7.2.8 resolves this issue.

What would be your advise?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft