Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave Long 13 posts 43 karma points
    Mar 13, 2017 @ 09:05
    Dave Long

Bracket Notation for Submit Message

Hi All

I'm attempting to use Bracket notation to pull a specific selected form value into the Thank You message that is displayed after the form is submitted.

While I can't find any active documentation for the Umbraco Forms v4.4.2 that describes how this works - I have seen older posts where it's indicated that this should work.

As I understand it, you need to place the name of the answer, without any spaces, between curly brackets {}.

In my case, I have a field (Dropdown, using Document Type Data Source) named "Other Forces"

I've tried to set the thank you message to : "blah blah: {OtherForces}", which outputs "blah blah:" as well as "blah blah : {Other Forces}" which outputs "blah blah: {Other Forces}"

Which indicates that it is attempting to replace the value when it's set to field name without any spaces : {OtherForces}

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? Or, is this something that's been removed from newer versions of Umbraco Forms ?

thanks, Dave

• Lorenzo Mercati 22 posts 45 karma points
    Mar 21, 2017 @ 15:21
    Lorenzo Mercati

Same problem. Bracket notation doesn't work also for me.

• Derek Staszak 15 posts 106 karma points
    Mar 29, 2017 @ 22:48
    Derek Staszak

Also having the same issue.

• Dave Long 13 posts 43 karma points
    May 10, 2017 @ 07:30
    Dave Long

Hi Guys

An issue has been raised on Youtrack for this : http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-1308

Waiting for further info on when a fix will be applied.

Dave

• Jack Lawry 23 posts 146 karma points c-trib
    May 10, 2017 @ 16:19
    Jack Lawry

Probably a silly question but have you tried all lower case and no space e.g. "blah blah: {otherforces}"?

• marcelh 171 posts 471 karma points
    Jan 22, 2018 @ 12:24
    marcelh

Hmm, ran into this as well. When having a look at the FormViewModel using dotPeek, in the Build(Form form) the MessageOnSubmit is populated with the placeholders from the HttpContext but the Record values are omitted.

Unfortunately, executing (a modified version of) ParsePlaceHolders again is not possible, as the placeholders are removed in ParsePlaceHolders in the Build(Form form) method... Please vote for this issue here http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-1308

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft