Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rick 92 posts 278 karma points
    Oct 07, 2016 @ 14:19
    Rick

Umbraco Forms upgrade

Hi all,

I've having issues upgrading Umbraco Forms.

The current version of Umbraco I'm using is v 7.3.5 and I'm trying to upgrade to the latest version of Umbraco Forms (4.3.2).

I've tried to upgrade via the back-office "Upgrade button", I've tried a manual upgrade and I've tried upgrading via the developer section in Umbraco and face the same issue.

The issue is:

When I try to create a form by right-clicking "Forms" and clicking "Create" I'm faced with a blank white screen (see screenshot) enter image description here

If I create a form by clicking the "3 dots" and choosing a template it works.

I've updated the client dependency (increased the value by 1), I've cleared cache etc. and tried different browsers but still doesn't work.

I'm also very occasionally getting the following 404 console error: "/umbraco/lib/angular/1.1.5/angular.min.js?cdv=1179892620" - although not consistently every time which is strange. This file is also present in my directory as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Rick

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Oct 07, 2016 @ 14:35
    Warren Buckley

Rick,
    Can you confirm that in the Users section of Umbraco Forms. There is a new Umbraco Forms security tree.

Can you verify that your user has access as required, as I am wondering if this is related to this or not.

Thanks,
    Warren

• Rick 92 posts 278 karma points
    Oct 07, 2016 @ 14:42
    Rick

Hi Warren,

I have just tried upgrading via Nuget and an upgrade to Umbraco itself has taken place - Nuget upgraded Umbraco to 7.4.0.

Are there dependencies for the latest version of Umbraco Forms - the notes in Nuget say >= 7.0.0

Also, the upgrade to 7.4.0 was not successful anyway - now getting "Null reference exception" - therefore, I can't verify whether the new security tree is present or not.

Thanks, Rick

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Oct 07, 2016 @ 14:51
    Warren Buckley

Well is there any more details on the error, ideally a full stack trace to see where the problem lies at the moment.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft