Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Norwood 131 posts 642 karma points
    Jan 10, 2018 @ 15:15
    Chris Norwood

Courier with basic authentication?

I've installed the latest version of Courier today, which a client has bought in order to allow separation between the dev/staging/live environments.

However, both Dev and Staging environments have basic authentication applied, and the client would like to keep this if possible.

Does Courier support this? If so, does anybody know how to configure it? (I have read through the documentation, but all of the authentication information there seems to refer to Umbraco membership providers or how to connect to the website itself).

• Chris Norwood 131 posts 642 karma points
    Jan 12, 2018 @ 12:58
    Chris Norwood

I've spoken to Umbraco support about this and it seems this is not currently possible; I'm not sure if it's possible to extend Courier in this way (it basically just needs to send the username/password in an Auth header when the user clicks on a location, so I'll look into whether I can get hold of that event).

Anyway, the guys at Umbraco have raised a feature request for this, so if anybody else needs it (I can't be the only one) there's a link here to vote for it!

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/COU-646

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft