Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave Clinton 31 posts 106 karma points
    Apr 13, 2018 @ 17:16
    Dave Clinton

Running stored procedures in a live Umbraco Cloud environment results in EXECUTE permission was denied

We're having issues trying to run a stored procedure in our live Umbraco Cloud environment. The error raised in the log is:

"System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'XXX', database 'XXX', schema 'dbo".

I've tried adding the execute permission to the db user but it fails with "Cannot grant, deny, or revoke permissions to sa, dbo, entity owner, information_schema, sys, or yourself."

Anyone have any ideas how we can resolve this?

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 13, 2018 @ 17:32
    Paul Sterling

Hi Dave -

For sure you'll need to get in touch with the Umbraco HQ support folks to resolve this. I don't know if Stored Procedures are supported with Umbraco Cloud - I don't see why not, just not sure they are. Anyhow, the support folks are super helpful so just reach out to them on the chat in the Cloud Portal. An, if you would, post the resolution back here so we all know.

Thanks

Apr 13, 2018 @ 18:01
    Dave Clinton

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply, we did try contacting support first but we were told as we only have a Starter plan support isn't included and were advised to try the forums.

All the procs work fine on the local copy it's just when we try running them in the live Umbraco Cloud instance we get this issue. Will update in here if we do find an answer though!

Cheers, Dave

Apr 23, 2018 @ 09:15
    Dave Clinton

I've spoken with the guys from Umbraco support and they have resolved this issue for us.

I should mention that the fix they have implemented is only usually for customers on professional plans so worth bearing in mind for anyone looking to create a new project on (or migrate an existing site to) a Umbraco Cloud starter plan that uses stored procedures.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft