Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Proxicode 127 posts 323 karma points
    Jun 11, 2015 @ 17:07
    Proxicode

TinyMCE options

Hey Everyone,

Hoping you all can help with a question about TinyMCE in Umbraco 7.2.5.

My client is asking for a way to style UL lists from the editor's Formats dropdown, ie. not going into code view. I've given her this ability for other styles and formatting options, but UL is proving to be a bit of a challenge.

So for example, if in the editor I type 1 (hit return), type 2 (hit return), type 3 (hit return) - then highlight those items and select the "Bullet List" icon, everything works as expected, then select "My Custom Bullets" from the Formats dropdown, one of two things happens, either it applies .myCustomBullets to the LI elements or it will wrap the text inside of the LI elements with <span class="myCustomBullets"></span>- I can't seem to find a way to apply the class to the UL.

Can this be done?

• Proxicode 127 posts 323 karma points
    Jun 11, 2015 @ 17:45
    Proxicode

I'm looking into the Template option which looks promising. I see that it is included in the umbraco_client\Tinymce3\Plugins folder, just need to figure out how to enable it, then how to add templates to it. I've found a bunch of recent posts from @Jan Skovgaard recently about templates, hoping he can chime in on this.

• Asif Malik 203 posts 339 karma points
    Jun 11, 2015 @ 17:59
    Asif Malik

Hi, i am trying something similiar, the first thing i have done is enabled the Tiny MCE status bar

In the Config/tinyMceConfig.config file just add

<config key="statusbar">true</config>

Into the customConfig element around line 227

This allows the user to see the html tag chain, and correctly select the appropriate tag.

This used to work perfectly in earlier versions of TinyMCE, however now you can select the correct tag, but when you apply the style it puts in a span.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft