Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mastan 14 posts 73 karma points
    Feb 22, 2014 @ 14:25
    mastan

Migrating Umbraco4.7 to Umbraco 7& Load Balancing in AWS Instances

Hi,

Our application is built on Umbraco4.7 , ASP.Net with one hosting server. Now we have moved application AWS Instance and also looking for Load Balance aptions for the same application. Can you please help me to solve following issues?

1. How can we move out application with AWS multiple servers? How do we replicate changes between two servers.

2. Is it manadatory to migrate Umbraco 4.7 version to Umbraco7 just to move AWS multiple instances?

3. How can we migrate Umbraco4.7 version to Umbraco 7, All though we use ASP.Net 4.0.(Not MVC)

Thanks

Mastan.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 22, 2014 @ 15:26
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I THINK the instructions here will work with Umbraco 6.1.6 as well, and might actually work for v4 as well, but not as well. I honestly don't know what the difference is between 6 and 7 with regards to load balancing. I know that from v4 to v6 we've made a lot of improvements that you will benefit from so I'd recommend upgrading to 6.1.6.

And a word of warning: both the upgrade to v6 and the change from a single server to a load balanced server will require thorough testing so it will take some time to do properly. Make plenty of backups so you can always roll back to a state which you know to be good!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft