Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bandico0t 11 posts 48 karma points
    Feb 02, 2014 @ 17:46
    Bandico0t

Umbraco migration from MS SQL 2012 to MS SQL 2008

I need to migrate from my home MS SQL 2012 Express server to MS SQL 2008 server own my hoster. I tried to save backup my server and restore db on hosters server, but server threw exception about ms sql version compatibility.

Then I have gone to another way and installed on my server MS SQL v.2008 (10.50). In management studio I have connected to both servers and I have made export data on 2012 server to 2008 server. Exporting was successfull and I was happy.

Then I have edited my web.config and IIS settings for my site. I have opened my website and logined to umbraco. All was well, but after I have edited my doctype and clicked save. Umbraco has shown me the YSOD page. With text simmillar with this: Can`t insert value NULL in column "id" the table "MyTable.dbo.umbracoLog"; in column denied values NULL. Error in INSERT.

I can`t understand how to fix this problem.

P.S.: I can`t attach photo because my karma is too low, but I can write links. This is the screenshot of YSOD. It is write on Russian =)

http://s017.radikal.ru/i404/1402/1c/69baa15293e3.png

Regards, Anton (Siberia)

• Benas Brazdziunas 34 posts 155 karma points c-trib
    Feb 18, 2014 @ 23:46
    Benas Brazdziunas

You can generate script from your 2012 instance and then run on your 2008. It works for me all time.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft