Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Saif Obeidat 79 posts 296 karma points
    Aug 28, 2019 @ 11:04
    Saif Obeidat

Or() in Examine doesn't work with me | Umbraco 8

Hello all,

I am using Examine to return some nodes, all is fine except when I add Or() to the query.. it returns no results.

Am I using it wrongly ?

results = searcher.CreateQuery()
                                .Field("path", Model.Path.ToString().MultipleCharacterWildcard()).And()
                                .Field("__IndexType", "content").And()
                                .Field("articleCountry", (countryUDI != null ? countryUDI.ToString() : "")).And()
                                .Field("parentID", selectedYear != 0 ? selectedYear : "").And()
                                .Field("nodeName", selectedTerm != "" ? searchTerm.ToString() : searchTerm.ToString()).Or()
                                .Field("title", selectedTerm != "" ? searchTerm.ToString() : searchTerm.ToString()).And()
                                .Field("__NodeTypeAlias", "newsLetter").Execute();

Thanks

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Aug 28, 2019 @ 16:15
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi Saif,

Please can you try this query instead and see if it works for you. I have tried with GroupedOr

var fields = new List<string> { "nodeName", "title" };
                                                .Field("articleCountry", (countryUDI != null ? countryUDI.ToString() : "")).And()
                                                .GroupedOr(fields, selectedTerm != "" ? searchTerm.ToString() : searchTerm.ToString()).And()

Aug 31, 2019 @ 14:13
    Saif Obeidat

It worked! ..

but with this way, but it didn't return all nodes when the search term was null or empty string..

how could I make the query return results when the search term is empty string?

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Aug 31, 2019 @ 14:18
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi Saif,

We can have if check to fix this issue.

var fields = new List<string> { "nodeName", "title" };
    if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(searchTerm)) {
                                                .GroupedOr(fields, selectedTerm != "" ? searchTerm.ToString() : searchTerm.ToString()).And()
    }
    else {
    }

Aug 31, 2019 @ 14:29
    Saif Obeidat

Hi Shaishav,

We have already tried that, but we are searching for a better way, isn't there? because we duplicate some code.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft