Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ceci 9 posts 109 karma points
    Feb 04, 2016 @ 16:32
    ceci

The site became umbraco default site once I copied the site from local to server.

I used webmatrix build my first Umbraco site in my local computer, the database is MS CE.

I uploaded whole site to the server, somehow it changed to umbraco default site.

I probably didn't copy the database file to the server, but I don't know how should I do it.

My database is embed at webmatrix.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 04, 2016 @ 19:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ceci

I suppose the site should become the default on your server when you upload / deploy it to the server? :)

Can you access the Umbraco backoffice? And can you access the website?

But can you tell us a bit more about how you did the upload / deploy? Did you copy over all the files within the Umbraco folder to the site on the server?

Please try and describe your process in as much detail as possible, which make it easier for people to try and help you out :)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Feb 04, 2016 @ 20:06
    ceci

enter image description here

I am not sure this will help.

I created site through webmatrix.

Here is my site address:

http://hometab.delcoline.com/

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 04, 2016 @ 20:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ceci

Ok - Everything seems to be working fine? So I'm not quite sure what the issue is? :)

Are you missing the content you created locally? And did you publish the site using Webmatrix? I get that you have been using Webmatrix as the editor - But that does not tell me whether you used the build in web deploy options or did a manual FTP upload for instance.

/Jan

Feb 04, 2016 @ 23:44
    ceci

enter image description here

This is my local site looking.

I used FTP to upload all the files to server.

I didn't publish the site using webmatrix, I thought publish just mean upload the files to server.

After I FTP all the files, do I have to publish the site through webmatrix?

• Daniel 60 posts 174 karma points
    Feb 05, 2016 @ 00:11
    Daniel

Just a guess here, maybe you don't have permission to FTP a CE database in use.

If you go to your LOCAL installation, and create a file called "app_offline.htm" in the same directory as your "index.html"/"default.aspx" (root folder).

Then you should be able to FTP your database located in /App_Data to the server.

(Make sure to rename/remove the "app_offline.htm" file after you try)

Worth a shot :)

EDIT: Didn't see the bit about embedded database in WebMatrix, so not sure this is the issue (never used WebMatrix).

Feb 05, 2016 @ 00:36
    ceci

I found out the reason.

under "app_data" the file "Umbraco.sdf" is different between my local and server.

I possibly upload the wrong folder.

Thanks so much.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft