Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ceci 9 posts 109 karma points
    Feb 03, 2016 @ 15:08
    ceci

Can I use MYSQL with current version Umbraco? need help!!

Can I still use MYSQL with Umbraco 7?

Any body will know the answer? need help!!!

• Jason 122 posts 637 karma points
    Feb 03, 2016 @ 18:10
    Jason

Yes, you should be able to use MYSQL, but not all third party plugins support MYSQL so there will be limitations. If it is a small site I would suggest just using SQL CE. Link to install requirements below.

System Requirements - Hosting

Feb 03, 2016 @ 18:15
    ceci

Thanks for the help.

I use webmatrix with SQL CE in my local. But the hosting server only have MSSQL 2014 OR MYSQL5, I don't know how I can deploy my local SQL CE to the server? If I use MSSQL 2014, then every import action will charge $5 which I can not afford.

• Jason 122 posts 637 karma points
    Feb 03, 2016 @ 18:38
    Jason

Migrating DB changes from one instance of Umbraco to another is always a bit clunky unless you use Courier or uSync (be careful with this one).

I have never heard of a hosting provider charging for imports, which I am assuming you mean restores? There are lots of other hosting providers that you can restore as much as you need at no charge. I use SmarterASP and have had no issues with restores or using SQL CE. Unless the hosting company is actually doing the restore for you as a service instead of you doing it yourself.

But all you should need to do for SQL CE is to upload it to the site. The SQL CE DB is in the App_Data folder so if you FTP/Deploy the site to the host then everything should just work.

Feb 03, 2016 @ 19:18
    ceci

Thanks so much. This helps me understand.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 03, 2016 @ 18:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ceci and weclome to our :)

CE SQL is an embedded database, which is just a file so you should simply be able to just upload your local website to your server and have things work.

But if you're going to build a bigger site I recommend that you consider using MSSQL since there a situations where CE SQL can loose data for some reason. See this issue for more information http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4621

Hope this makes any sense :)

/Jan

Feb 03, 2016 @ 18:34
    ceci

You are excellent. So much for your help. I just start with Umbraco and thanks for the encouragement help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft