Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Håvard Rustad Olsen 6 posts 36 karma points
    Jan 28, 2016 @ 15:28
    Håvard Rustad Olsen

Upgrade from 7.1.8 to 7.3.5

Hi all!

I've been tasked to do an update of a slightly older website in order to use Grid Layouts. Its current version is 7.1.8 so I thought that I could just update to the latest version while I was at it. Doing so causes an error when I try to access the site after updating the package though nuget.

This error is displayed when it tries to access the Instal view (http://sylvsmidja.kyberutv.no/install/?redir=true&url=http%3a%2f%2fsylvsmidja.kyberutv.no%2f)

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity.IsAuthenticated() +34
       Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity.ValidateCurrentUser(Boolean throwExceptions) +19
       Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallController.Index() +131
       lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +44
       System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +228
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +34
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState) +38
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +70
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +41
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3d() +71
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() +386
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c() +38
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +186
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +29
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +67
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +53
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +36
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +44
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +67
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +399
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +137

I Don't really know what to make of this, but I have tried rebuilding, deleting cookies and cache, as well as deleting the bin folder and building from scratch, but the same happens. I might be worth mentioning that the site contains uCommerce 6.7.

I'm grateful for any help or insight.

Cheers, Håvard

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 30, 2016 @ 11:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Håvard

Did you read through this before doing the upgrade? https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/version-specific - Seems that there are some steps to be aware of but I don't know if some or all of it happens automagically when upgrading using nuget though...

But perhaps there are some steps in that guide you need to do manually afterwards.

Hope this helps a bit.

/Jan

• Håvard Rustad Olsen 6 posts 36 karma points
    Feb 01, 2016 @ 09:16
    Håvard Rustad Olsen

Hi Jan

I read through it, and this isn't the first time I've done such an update, but was the first time I have seen this error.

I tried a different approach and updated to 7.2 as a first step. Now everything seemed to work until I got to the db install procedure, where I get stuck in an infinite login loop. No error messages, but the log gives me this line:

2016-02-01 10:14:37,970 [7] INFO Umbraco.Core.ApplicationContext - [Thread 1] CurrentVersion different from configStatus: '7.2.0','7.1.8'

The target url seems a bit wierd as well:

/umbraco/AuthorizeUpgrade?redir=%2finstall%2f%3fredir%3dtrue%26url%3dhttp%253a%252f%252fsylvsmidja.kyberutv.no%252f#/AuthorizeUpgrade?redir=%2Finstall%2F%3Fredir%3Dtrue%26url%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252fsylvsmidja.kyberutv.no%252f

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft