Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nelson 94 posts 246 karma points
    Nov 30, 2015 @ 09:24
    Nelson

Create template with personalized HTML and Grid

Hi guys, I'm wondering if it's possible to personalize a template in such way that I can have both some parts of the template with my own personalized code, and other parts with grid options. So it would look like this:

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage @{ Layout = "Master.cshtml";; } @CurrentPage.GetGridHtml("content", "fanoe")

................ MY HMTL CODE ....................

Because I would like some pages from my website to have both elements, is this possible? If it's possible,how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

PS: I'm using as a basis the Fanoe starter kit.

• Nelson 94 posts 246 karma points
    Dec 02, 2015 @ 06:24
    Nelson

No one is able to answer me on this?

• Graeme W 113 posts 289 karma points
    Jan 11, 2016 @ 12:48
    Graeme W

Hi Nelson. Not sure if you're still looking for a solution to this but I think I've done something similar in Fanoe to what you need to do...

1 - Create a document type under the standard textpage document type. This means it will inherit the grid properties of the parent doc type.

2 - Choose 'yes' when asked if you want to create a matching template.

3 - Create your custom properties/fields on your new doc type

4 - Amend your new template to include your new custom properties

5 - Add some content - both the original grid content and your new data should be present

You can see some details - focussed on how to format the content - on this forum post https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/74155-custom-fields-in-the-fanoe-starter-kit

Hope that helps

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft