Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kerri Mallinson 113 posts 497 karma points
    Nov 04, 2015 @ 09:23
    Kerri Mallinson

Error in back end after upgrading to 7.3

Hi I'm trying to upgrade from 6.2.0 to 7.3.1

When I click on any of the templates or partial views i get the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load type 'umbraco.presentation.LiveEditing.Utility' from assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.5780.28255, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'umbraco.presentation.LiveEditing.Utility' from assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.5780.28255, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'umbraco.presentation.LiveEditing.Utility' from assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.5780.28255, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.] Census.Events.PageEvents.AddToolbarButton(umbracoPage page) +0 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34248

I followed the manual upgrade instructions.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance Kerri

• Kerri Mallinson 113 posts 497 karma points
    Nov 18, 2015 @ 13:59
    Kerri Mallinson

Hi, Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks, Kerri

• Lokesh kumar Chippada 44 posts 249 karma points
    Nov 18, 2015 @ 14:50
    Lokesh kumar Chippada

Hi Kerri,

Hope this link http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1613 will give you some info.

Canvas / Live editing has been removed in version 7+

Please remove the <EnableCanvasEditing> element from /config/umbracoSettings.config

• Per Olsson 47 posts 307 karma points
    Nov 18, 2015 @ 14:52
    Per Olsson

Hi Kerri,

umbraco.presentation.LiveEditing.Utility was removed in 7.0 but I guess you still have the dll in your bin folder. Take a backup of your files and remove the dll from your bin folder, I'm pretty sure you will get some more errors on other dlls too.

Also make sure it's not referenced anymore in web.config files or \config\ClientDependency.config.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft