Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robbie van den Hoven 36 posts 181 karma points
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 06:44
    Robbie van den Hoven

How to use Core Property Value Converter on a custom datatype?

Can someone tell me how you can use the Umbraco Core Property Value Converters on a custom datatype that is a copy of an ‘original’ datatype.

I'm using the 'original' Multiple Media Picker with the benefit of the Umbraco Core Property Value Converters. I would like to change these Media Pickers with the Extended Media Picker datatype, but then the Value Converter doesn't work anymore.

How can I hook the Value Converter of Umbraco.MultipleMediaPicker to work on CTH.ExtendedMediaPicker?

I asked the question to the package creator, but it's more a general question I guess

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 07:07
    Dave Woestenborghs

I don't think it's possible. Property Value Convertors are tied to a specific property editor. You can always roll out your own.

The source of the Multiple Media picker convertor can be found here : https://github.com/Jeavon/Umbraco-Core-Property-Value-Converters/blob/v2-release/Our.Umbraco.PropertyConverters/MultipleMediaPickerPropertyConverter.cs

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 07:11
    Jeavon Leopold

I think you should be able to call the existing methods from the multi media picker converter in your own. I will post the code later (if no one else has already by then) when I'm in the office.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 07:13
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Jeavon,

Looking forward to seeing that. I'm always rolling out my own convertors.

Dave

Jun 25, 2015 @ 10:34
    Jeavon Leopold

Ok, so as this editor is exactly the same as the MultiMedia picker, we can create a very simple value converter that inherits and override only the IsConverter method like this:

namespace MyProject.PropertyConverters
    {
        using Our.Umbraco.PropertyConverters;

using Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent;

public class ExtendedMediaPickerPropertyConverter : MultipleMediaPickerPropertyConverter
        {
            public override bool IsConverter(PublishedPropertyType propertyType)
            {
                return propertyType.PropertyEditorAlias.Equals("CTH.ExtendedMediaPicker");
            }
        }
    }

• Robbie van den Hoven 36 posts 181 karma points
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 10:45
    Robbie van den Hoven

Yes, It's working!

Still learning a lot :-)

Jun 25, 2015 @ 11:28
    Jeavon Leopold

Great! Value Converters are documented here if you want to understand more about what they are doing.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft